“Harshly critiqued. No complaints.”
Review of Kyle Hotel

Kyle Hotel
“Harshly critiqued. No complaints.”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I think the last few reviews are overly critical and perhaps they should have stayed in some truly awful places to get a true understanding of bad. I stayed here with work and It had nice beds, clean room cleaned well each night, generous provision of biscuits, tea and coffee. Walls were a little thin but not particularly noisy so not a huge issue. Very friendly, very helpful staff, especially the evening/overnight staff. I would stay here again. Similar to any premier inn really.

• Stayed February 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

Me and my husband were meant to stay here for a few weeks as we were on holiday. After the first few days we decided we couldn't stay there anymore. The food was horrible but we were still made to pay. The staff were very unhappy and not in the slightest bit friendly. It's very over priced and not worth it what so ever!! Avoid this place if you can. Terrible and a waste of money!

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank Oxfo
Robert S, General Manager at Kyle Hotel, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
I am sorry but we can not find any trace of your reservation or stay at the Hotel.
We have a detailed reservation system which would also record any cancellations and again we do not have one to match your period of stay or comments.
We are also well known for providing good food at reasonable prices.

Travelers are raving about these Kyle of Lochalsh hotels

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed December 13, 2012

As it was off season we had no choice but to stay at this awful hotel. From unfriendly guy at reception to the untidy barmaid who instead of serving us went ahead with her meal in full view of waiting customers. Oh, it gets worse! Dinner at the restaurant was a horrendous experience with a grumpy waitress, food that my dog would refuse ( it all came from some supermarket freezer). To top it all the 'manager' who looked more like a bouncer blamed it on our taste buds! Needless to say we rushed out leaving our untouched meal ( still ended up paying) and headed to this delightful restaurant exactly opposite this hotel.

Had the most restless sleep with uncomfortable beds in a cramped room. Overpriced rooms untrained staff and no management. Avoid it if you can!

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Globetrotter308
I am sorry that we did not meet with your expectations,and that you did not enjoy your order of 2 bowls of Tomato soup and 1 Roast of the day , being Turkey, all our food is freshly cooked to order as explained at the time and I am sorry that you did not enjoy the taste of the Turkey. You were only charged for the bowls of Soup for which you had no comments, I am also sorry that the Bar person could not serve you whisky in the quantity you requested as that would be in breach of Scottish Licencing Law. I was also disappointed to read that your King Size bed gave you an uncomfortable nights sleep.
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed November 28, 2012

This isn't an amazing hotel, but then again it doesn't claim to be. I personally would be pressed to stay there again, but for one night, as a stopover, it was ok. Clean, ok cooked breakfast. The area is good as a gateway to the Isle of Skye.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2012 via mobile

Was meant to stay here overnight for work but after being there for a couple of hours went to a different hotel in disgust!
I travel around a lot for my work and have stayed in many hotels over the years. This one however will go down in my little black book of horrors!
The hotel itself is run down and needs to be completely redecorated. The staff need to be overhauled too - the "lady" who grudgingly dragged herself to the bar to serve me was not only rude but needed to clean herself up! I noticed her when I drove past the hotel, I actually assumed it was a bar patron as she was standing outside the hotel puffing away on a cigarette and loudly talking to a couple of dishevelled men.
Anyway, on checking in it turns out this was the senior member of staff!!!!!! She stank of cigarette smoke and was rude and tetchy.
I let this go because I was tired after a long drive and just wanted to get changed and have meal.
When I eventually got to my room it was cold, musty and just not what I expected a hotel in this day and age to look like.
Nevertheless, I got myself settled and went down to the bar to relax and read my paper.
Along with the grumpy puffer there was another lady working behind the bar even though there were only 2 other customers there. Having seated myself in the "cafe bar", I assumed it was an attempt to appeal to an upmarket customer rather than your regular Joe patron. This might have worked had the 2 females on duty been swearing like sailors and raising their voices when other patrons came in.
Anyway, in the end I chose to eat at the Indian round the corner and was pleasantly surprised that it was part of a pub - it was nicely set up though so you could have your meal upstairs and then go down to the bar.
I won't be returning to the Kyle Hotel and would urge management to maybe consider offering staff a customer service training course. It's a shame really because the village of Kyle of Lochalsh seems very pretty and quaint and one would assume old time hospitality would be the norm.

• Stayed October 2012
4 Thank TheHappyCamper80
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Hated our stay here. Our room was cramped, I barely got any sleep and the communal bathroom was disgusting and I the corridors are very small and almost feel unnerving to walk along. Only hotel for miles so you can't go anywhere else if you don't like the food.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank helen234
Rothiemay
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We booked this hotel on a Monday and headed over on the Tuesday for two nights at the end of October. Although it might not be up to everybody's standards it was fine for what we wanted it for just to put our heads down at night because we were having a wee tour about.

We arrived just after 7pm and dumped our bags in our room which was fine with a nice enough view (well if you ignored the Bank building and looked past it to the hills of Skye). My only problem with the shower room was the toilet seat was a bit broken and my only problem with the room was that the bed was too soft for me.

We went down for supper and had a lovely tasty meal and Mary (waitress) couldn't do enough for us and was very helpful. She was there at breakfast too and was always smiling and interested in your day. Breakfast was tasty too (we had the cooked breakfast which kept us going all day just having a coffee and cake in the afternoon). We had supper here both nights and you get a fair portion I can tell you. We had to go to bed on the last night after supper because we were just stuffed :-D.

If we are up this way again we will be staying here but like I said it was just somewhere to lay our heads at night so maybe not for everyone.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Erbusaig
Hartfield House Applecross
Hartfield House Applecross
#1 of 2 in Applecross

Been to Kyle Hotel? Share your experiences!