“worth a look”

Book In Advance
More Info
$64.14*
and up
Skye and Eilean Donan Castle - Day tour from...
More attraction details
Owner description: This picturesque castle, built in 1220, holds the title of the most photographed castle in Scotland.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Nice Castle but try and find out when the tides in, if its out it tends to stink. We were luck to have the tide in and a lovely sunny day. The inside is nothing special just old furniture so unless you really want to don't bother and save yourself £6.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,753)
All reviews
in 95 reviews
"highlander"
in 115 reviews

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We live locally and decided to take our Grandchildren to see Eilean Donan Castle.
Our Youngest Granddaughter absolutely loved it as she thinks its Merida's Castle.
I can recommend a visit as its a great day out.
It's a pity that the price of the coffee £2.80p. for a Latte in a paper cup spoiled what was a great day out.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

We have visited a lot of castles in Scotland, and this one has been one of the best castle we have been in! Beautiful outside and quite interesting inside (kitchen area is amazing!!). The only thing is that there are many areas closed, so it is a bit annoying but it is not a big deal!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

This month I visited Eilean Donan Castle for the first time in my life and I am ashamed that it has taken until now to do so. The Castle looks as romantic and brooding as it does in the movie 'Highlander' Inside it is full of interesting mementos and family heirlooms including a lock of 'Bonnie Prince Charlies' hair. Unfortunately they do not allow photography in most of the indoor areas of the castle, a shame but I cano understand why not. The cost for my wife, daughter and myself came to £16 which I think is good value for money as it included the parking (motorhome) and we could access most areas inside and out. The facilities nearby area excellent, a good cafeteria, gift shop and clean toliet facilties. A piper played his heart out to entertain us all and to cap off a lovely visit the sun came out and basked us in a Scottish warmth.

2  Thank david w
See more reviews
Reviewed July 10, 2013

My daughter had her sights set on touring the"Brave" castle, and boy, is it a good one. We met Richard in the great hall, who shared the secret of the shoe that follows you around the room. We also got to "spy" on all the visitors through the spy holes. Richard did a fabulous job of explaining the history in a way that would hold a kid's interest...and a grownups, too! Wow! Definitely tops!