“Second Visit”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Second time this year we've visited Hector's Bothy & we all enjoyed our meals both times. Good food, good price, friendly staff & nice place. Ww will be back :)

Reviewed July 19, 2014

From a hot chocolate to a meal this place was well worth visiting! The views from the big windows are breath taking and allow you to drink up all the wonders of natural Scotland. During our stay it was white with snow which added to the whole experience.

Reviewed July 18, 2014

We chose to stop in to Hectors Bothy on our way home from Skye, based primarily on the availability of an item on the menu and confirmed that that item was available for dessert before we even began our meal. Both of us enjoyed our meals very much. The food was tasty and the portions were generous; including a nice selection of fresh steamed veggies, which were a welcome sight after nearly two weeks of "holiday eating".

Sadly, the experience went downhill quickly with the wait staff forgetting us, the item we asked for at the beginning being unavailable, and getting charged incorrectly. I will not go into the specifics, suffice to say that we left VERY angry. Without the owner on duty, I spoke briefly about our concerns to one of the girls who was on that night, but I did not feel that that resolved the problem at all.

However, since we did not realize that we had been overcharged until after we left, we had to call back the next day. Upon speaking with the owner, who handled the matter exceptionally well, my opinion of Hectors Bothy changed entirely. Even the best of restaurants can have an occasional slip up or bad night, and the way they handle these things is what matters most. I hung up from Mhairi feeling very good about the experience.

I'm not sure the next time I'll be up that way, but if I am, I'll be sure, as she asked, to stop back in and look for her.

Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

Up on business and stopped here for lunch.Food great and service no issues.Loved the soup and burger will be my regular stop from now on.

Reviewed July 15, 2014 via mobile

Went to Hectors Bothy today and it was an altogether exceptional experience. The food was really good quality and the portions were very filling. The waitresses were exceedingly helpful and attentive and they both had a very friendly and positive attitude to us. The prices as well were very reasonable.