“Superb food in very quiet setting”

Grants at Craigellachie
Cuisines: European, Scottish, British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Very friendly atmosphere in a minute restaurant serving superb local food!! Scottish hospitality at its best by an English woman and five star food and wine in gorgeous surroundings.

1  Thank Teresa R

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Found Grants on a Northern Trip to escape the London Jubilee madness. As luck would have it the jet stream stayed south meaning that we had wonderful weather while London got the rain.

Grants is a tiny and unusual gem. Everything is carried out on a micro scale with concomitant attention to detail. The guys are charming, source their ingredients locally and Tony prepares wonderful food.

We arrived after a long drive (with a stop off for a brisk charge up a local peak) to be met with ice cold organic beer served in tundra cold chilled glasses. Sitting outside enjoying the evening sun on loch Duich the setting was ideal and the meal that followed was equally perfect.

I cannot recommend this place enough and its unique chilled out attention to detail will ensure we return whenever we head up to Skye or further north.

Reviewed June 9, 2012

What a fantastic find!! Great food and lovely host!

Reviewed November 2, 2011

This place really should be Mitchelling rated. The food is just superb. You can tell it's been lovingly prepared. Service knowledgeable ,attentive and relaxing. Wine selection I understand is excellent but the reason I mention it is that my wife and I don't drink .There was no pressure on us to purchase alcohol . As soon as my dinner was finished I was looking forward to breakfast. Five star all the way.

1  Thank GezenBey
Reviewed July 17, 2011

The place is only small and is run by family. The food was amazing and very good quality with the lobster bisque living up to expectations. I can always see how good a restaurant is by the coffee, and the coffee was lovely!