“A beacon in the Highlands” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Waverley Restaurant

The Waverley Restaurant
Cuisines: British, Scottish, Gluten Free
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
York, England, United Kingdom
“A beacon in the Highlands”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were recommended to go to this restaurant by several local people, well their recommendation certainly did not disappoint. Its a very tasteful and intimate restaurant with a varied menu of locally sourced produce. The whole meal was excellent from the first little tasters of strawberries and melon with black pepper right through to the wonderful bread and butter pudding. My main course of fillet steak on a bed of haggis was one of the best steaks I have ever had. The service was also excellent all run by one very capable waitress. I know that the next time I visit the Highlands I will be making a booking at The Waverley again!

• Visited June 2013

• Hungarian first
Liverpool
“Tasty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Very nice, comfortable, food cooked nicely and very tasty.

The service was spot on and was made to feel very welcome.

Highly reommend

Visited May 2013
Sittingbourne, Kent
“Good Choice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

This was recommended to us and we had a very enjoyable "specials". Service and surroundings were great. We will eat there again one day!

Julie & Colin Ellender Lynsted Kent

Sydney, Australia
“Disappointed Unfortunately”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Having read the numerous positive reviews, I must admit I was quite disappointed with our meal at The Waverley. I ordered a sirloin steak and it had gristle all the way through making a good portion of it inedible. Then for dessert I ordered a creme brulee - it was burnt on top and in an effort to 'hide' the fact, it was simply covered in icing sugar. I could still taste the burnt flavour and was not impressed. Having said these negative comments, I think I may have been unlucky in my choices as my husband's main & dessert were both lovely. The service was also good.

• 4 of 5 stars
Inverness, United Kingdom
“Seek out this cosy hidden Highland gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

My wife and I happened upon the Waverley by chance and managed to secure an early evening table. We were treated to an excellent Highland welcome and superb service in the small upstairs restaurant with it's unusual but pleasing decor.

Menu choice was very varied and the Seafood Platter at £16.95 was amazing value. All of our dishes were excellent and we could find nothing to fault the place. The fact that many diners were turned away due to a full restaurant speaks for itself.

1 Thank Tiderace