“Friendly and Comfortable”
Review of The Old Bank House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kyle of Lochalsh
The Old Bank House
Reviewed June 28, 2008

I stayed in the B'n'B before going on to Skye and found it very welcoming and comfortable. Breakfast was marvellous with probably the best cooked breakfast dish I have ever had - set me up for the day ahead.

A good and friendly establishment in an area of great beauty.

Stayed: June 2008
There are newer reviews for The Old Bank House

Reviewed June 26, 2008

I stayed there with my parents on the way to Isle of Skye and it was a wonderful experience. Bedrooms and service was great. Highly recommended to every one. Thanks - M I Baloch

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 10, 2008

I can honestly recommend this B&B as a home from home, from the moment we arrived we were treated fantastically. Mike & Sally are a great couple and can't do enough for you, i would definately stay with them again. Breakfast was fantastic :-)
Thanks Colin.

Reviewed June 2, 2008

I stayed at this B&B and half board for a week in May and had an absolutely wonderful time. This was actually my 2nd stay there, on my 1st visit I had previously been staying in a hotel in the local area but moved to The Old Bank House on someone's recommendation. On both visits I found Mr & Mrs White very friendly, helpful and accommodating. The
room was very clean and the food was well prepared. I have no hesitation in recommending this place and I look forward to the next time I visit the area and stay at The Old Bank House again.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled solo
Reviewed May 29, 2008

This B&B has been the most welcoming place we have stayed at. My mother and I stayed there. the rooms were a good size. plenty of space. We enjoyed the food. no complants have to be made about this B&B as there is nothing to complain about. i have strongly recommend freinds to go and stay. The view's were lovely. Good place for the B&B to be. lifts were offered. tours were offered. My mother and I had an amazing time, we loved it. there would be no downfall or complaints about this B&B. Best B&B we had been to. we were made to feel very welcome and part of the family.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2008

Give this B&B a good 3 out of 5.
Booked via e-mail/phone with no hassles.
Friendly to deal with and friendly welcome. Many offers of tea, biscuits and lifts to the pub if required.
Very helpful in moving cars to allow us to park our bikes in their driveway.
We found the room to be clean and tidy. Plenty space.
It was next to the dining room, but there was no noise.
The breakfast was a good standard - especially the Irish soda bread.
The B&B only misses a 4 because the rooms are not en-suite and the dining room was a bit cluttered, but this was not a major issue.
Great location - we had stayed when with the previous owners.
This B&B has had several reviews saying it was Awful - this was NOT our experience.

Reviewed May 21, 2008

This place is awful, awful! It left a very bitter taste in my mouth as I felt totally ripped off. The room was ok but basic, no ensuite, the bathroom was across the hall, unfortunately the bedroom was next to the diningroom so you had to run the gauntlet to the bathroom in full view of people having breakfast. The food was the worst I have ever been served anywhere, totally inedible, the fried breakfast looked like scrapings from another plate. They would not accept a cheque, cash only and when I said I would rather pay by cheque they sent me to the cashline saying a cheque would be difficult as you would have to pay it in........they live above a bank, hence the name!!!!! An utter rip off! Stay well away.

2  Thank weebirdmac
#1 of 13 in Kyle of Lochalsh
Ardenlea
Ardenlea
#3 of 13 in Kyle of Lochalsh

Been to The Old Bank House? Share your experiences!