“Seafood at it's Best”

Ranked #2 of 68 Restaurants in Fort William
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Stunning loch views, freshly caught local seafood and a glass of wine in a warm and cosy atmosphere - it's the perfect recipe for relaxing after you've had an enjoyable day exploring the Highlands. If you enjoy the finer things in life, you'll love Crannog.
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom
“Seafood at it's Best”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

In Fort William and feeling a bit peckish. Had not checked anywhere but noticed this Seafood Restaurant next to Crannog Cruises.

What a find and spot of fortune. I had a starter of Salmon pate followed by fishcakes from the specials lunch menu..absolutely delicious and the service friendly and efficient. My partner had Salmon from main menu and enjoyed every last morsel.!!

As I said before the staff were really friendly and could not fault the food..only wish I was staying longer as would ave liked to try the whole menu!! and very good value

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Seafood Restaurant”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

We were staying at the Travelodge and saw this distinctive red and white painted restaurant when looking for the Crannog Cruises jetty, which is where this gem of a restaurant is located

I have to be honest with you when I first looked at the price list on the menu I did do my customary sucking in through the teeth and protested to the wife that the prices were a little steep – she came back with a reminder that it was her birthday and that she was worth it.
I wasn’t quick enough with an appropriate response to that one!

But it transpires that you do sometimes get what you paid for

In my usual fashion we went to the restaurant without a reservation only to find it full, and a certain feeling of dread set over me when I was met by my beautiful wife’s glare. On this occasion I was saved by the wonderful lady on the desk who suddenly announced that she could put us onto somebody else’s table because they hadn’t turned up yet and that she would sort something out for them when they got there.

Relieved and breathing a little easier now I followed her to a very nice table for two

We were quickly given menus and sorted for drinks, and my wife ordered mussels – her favourite seafood, I opted for the monkfish, something I’ve never had before.

It was a wonderful meal, my wife declared that these were the best mussels she had ever eaten, and I have to confess my monkfish was beautifully cooked and I couldn’t fault it. No room for desert – even I couldn’t be tempted.

The service and atmosphere in the restaurant was great and we had a very nice evening. I would highly recommend having a meal here, it’s not cheap, but it is excellent food. Probably a good idea to book though!

1 Thank Technophobe220
Winnipeg, Canada
“Simply delicous.”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

Great view, awesome food, great company and wonderful service. Highly recommend it. The salmon was mouthwatering.

• Visited September 2013
Singapore
“Great Seafood and desserts”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We had our dinner there and the seafood dishes were great! Desserts were really awesome too, especially the home made cinnamon ice cream. Highly recommended!

• Visited March 2014
London
“Restaurant with a view”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

A lovely location, good food and friendly service. We went as 8 peopel and enjoyed the friendliness of the staff and the Manageress.
I tried the Sole and my boyfriend chose the seafood platter for one came with some side dishes.
I highly recommend it!