“Beautiful View, Fantastic Service & Excellent Food”

Crannog Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 68 Restaurants in Fort William
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Stunning loch views, freshly caught local seafood and a glass of wine in a warm and cosy atmosphere - it's the perfect recipe for relaxing after you've had an enjoyable day exploring the Highlands. If you enjoy the finer things in life, you'll love Crannog.
Marlboro, New Jersey
“Beautiful View, Fantastic Service & Excellent Food”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We so enjoyed our dinner at Crannog. The food, wine and service were outstanding. Also, since the restaurant is on the water, the view was fantastic. We highly recommend Crannog for all visitors to Ft. William

Visited October 2013

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
“Sea Sick!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

My partner was really keen to take me to The Crannog as he'd been before. The decor was lovely, staff really friendly. Roaring log fire when we entered. The menu was local and seasonal as expected.
Long story short, I really enjoyed my meal but my partner who had chosen the cockles and mussels began to feel really unwell halfway through eating them. There seemed a lot of grit on the bottom of his plate and we are not sure it the shellfish had bend cleaned properly. Upshot was a very sick man! Shame, I don't think this should reflect on the whole experience as it seemed a lovely place but maybe just a warning to other diners.
I would go back but I think the memory of the night would have to fade for my partner!

1 Thank Princesstippytoeszoe
CrannogRest, Marketing Coordinator at Crannog Seafood Restaurant, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor; we are pleased to hear you enjoyed the place and that you enjoyed your own meal. However, needless to say we are very disappointed to read the comments about your partner’s meal, and particularly disappointed that you did not mention it at the time to one of our staff.
An allegation such as this is taken very seriously here at Crannog and if we are to investigate the matter further, many more details are required from you. It seems to be an isolated case, in that we have received no other complaints about this popular dish. However as we like to work closely with our local environmental health officer, we would require more information on your experience to ascertain whether in fact there is any problem with the product.
Please contact our restaurant manager on 01397 705589 or mobile 07789928726.
Bussum
“Talk with the fish”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Like other places we visited for many years, this one has not disappointed this time. First of all, this is a perfect seafood restaurant location - you actually IN the sea, not even ashore! The boats unload the catch right on the pier. The views, weather permitting, are stunning. The atmosphere is very nice and the food is very relaxed and friendly.
The only reason it gets four starts is because during our trip (see other reviews) we seen places which were really outstanding in terms of food and atmosphere and we want to distinguish them.

• Visited September 2013
UK
“Great atmosphere, service, and food”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Had spent 9 hours solo walking/climbing in the Mamores and wanted somewhere special to celebrate in the evening. The Crannog is great for solo diners as the atmosphere is so relaxed and friendly. I chose fresh scallops, pan-fried turbot in a seafood chowder, washed down with a fine German riesling. It rounded off a very memorable day for me.

Visited October 2013
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Seafood in Fort William”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We had a great lunch here on a wet Saturday. What a stunning location - right beside the loch! My husband and I both had scallops followed by fish cakes - wonderful! My sister a veggie had a risotto but this we felt was too expensive at £15. Prices are generally on the high side on the a la carte - shared seafood platter £75. But a good daily menu too with 2 courses for £13. We enjoyed our meal with friendly efficient staff, and a fab view!

• Visited October 2013