“Fabulous views, great seafood”

Crannog Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 69 Restaurants in Fort William
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Stunning loch views, freshly caught local seafood and a glass of wine in a warm and cosy atmosphere - it's the perfect recipe for relaxing after you've had an enjoyable day exploring the Highlands. If you enjoy the finer things in life, you'll love Crannog.
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My husband and I had lunch here. The restaurant was busy with locals and tourists alike. We had a wonderful table in the corner of the restaurant, right next to the water, with the most amazing views down Loch Linnhe. The serving staff were very friendly and attentive. We had the warm seafood platter for two which, at £75, is a treat but it was delicious. Lobster, langoustines, crab claws, clams, mussels and samphire in a delicious liquor. There are also set menus offering fish of the day etc. The view from the Ladies is second to none! There is an inexpensive pay-and-display car park close by and it is a short walk into town.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Visited with my partner while on a trip to Fort William as it had been recommended by a friend and was not disappointed. The staff were attentive and friendly even though the restaurant was full. The food was to die for, cooked to perfection. We both opted for the salmon and it just melted in your mouth. A bit more expensive than other restaurants but you don't mind paying a bit more for quality occasionally.

CrannogRest, Marketing Coordinator at Crannog Seafood Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We’re delighted you were happy with the recommendation and our staff. Fresh, locally sourced, salmon is always popular so we are glad you enjoyed it so much.
We hope to welcome you again soon!

Reviewed June 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I were looking for somewhere to eat during our stay in Fort William last month. We were starving after wandering around all day visiting the lochs and mountains and saw this restaurant situated on Loch Linnhe while walking through the town.

It looked lovely and inviting with pretty fairy lights adorning the doorway and with a mouthwatering menu of fresh seafood. It was about ten to 10 at night and so we weren't sure we'd get a table but we thought we'd give it a go anyway. We walked in and noticed it was quite busy with a nice buzz about it.

A very sweet, welcoming waitress at the entrance offered us a table even though it was nearing the end of the night and quite busy. We sat down and ordered our drinks which were promptly brought to us. The decoration of the restaurant is great with vibrant paintings and some quirky decoration. It has a cosy feel to it, but is not cramped even though the restaurant was near full. There are also beautiful views over Loch Linnhe, which the restaurant itself is situated upon.

I ordered scallops for my starter which were delicious and cooked perfectly, while my boyfriend ordered a starter portion of mussels in a white wine sauce, he got lots of mussels, it looked more like a main course!

For our main courses I ordered the main portion of mussels which was a mistake, only because the portion was too big for me! :) However, they were absolutely delicious, perfectly cooked in a very rich, creamy white wine sauce with some lovely crusty bread to dip in! I could not finish my portion as it was just too much, but I made a fair attempt as I didn't want to waste any! My boyfriend had the hake with sweet potato and pesto which looked and tasted delicious and was also a generous portion. Just what we needed after a day exploring in the Highlands!

Price was average for seafood, didn't think we paid over the odds! but fresh seafood is never cheap, so we were quite happy!

The service was quick and the waitresses were all nice and polite especially the lovely girl who got us our table, so thanks very much! :)

Will definitely visit next time we are in Fort William for some more tasty seafood!

*****

CrannogRest, Marketing at Crannog Seafood Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Hi Elie,

What a smashing review, thank you! Further thanks for sharing your photos with us, they’re cracking. We really appreciate the time and effort you have taken to write such a detailed review on our location, setting, ambience, service and quality right down to how it was cooked – this will provide a great insight for other potential diners.

Our Restaurant Front of House Manager and chef will be delighted to share this review with all restaurant staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back for some more tasty seafood!

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

My Wife and I were staying in Fort William over a weekend and walked by the Crannog on the Saturday afternoon. The Restaurant looked quirky and so decided it may be a good stop for a Sunday evening meal. We booked a table on Sunday lunchtime, good job we did as the place was heaving by the time we sat down at 7pm that evening.

We are both lovers of seafood so we went for the seafood platter. Langoustines, scallops, salmon and mussels aplenty. So much so that we couldn't manage it all! Unheard of!

The staff were very efficient and friendly and I would recommend a visit to anyone, whether you are a keen seafoodie or not. Maybe good to book a table.

Thank you for taking the time to review your meal with us – we’re delighted you enjoyed our new Seafood Platter, this addition to our Summer Menu is proving very popular. Your comments will certainly be passed on to our chefs and front of house team.
We hope you’ll visit us again when you’re next in the area!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

had to book, lucky to get a table, but the staff were very accomodating and we were fitted in at a time that was ok for us, a wee bit pricey, but it was my wifes birthday next day, so pushed the boat out a wee bit, the food was excellent, very well presented, & tasty, sea food being the majority of choice on the menu, but its on the peir, so one would expect that , meat dishes are also featured, i had the lamb rump, very succulent, wife had salmon, highly reccomend the cranog sea food restarurant to anyone!.

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor. We’re delighted you enjoyed so much about our restaurant and your kind comments will be passed on to all our staff. We hope to welcome you again soon.