Burntree House Bed & Breakfast
Nevis Bank Inn(Fort William)
$251
$730
$684
Agoda.com
Croit Anna Hotel(Fort William)
$103
$130
PremierInn.com
Highland Hotel(Fort William)
  • Restaurant
The Factor's House(Fort William)
TripAdvisor
The West End Hotel(Fort William)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsb bwe loved our stayonly stayed one nighttown centreben nevishostsbath
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Really can't understand the single negative review to be honest. Just back from two nights at Burntree and only wish we could've stayed longer. Florence and Adam are so friendly and accommodating and just can't do enough to make your stay a pleasure. We booked very last minute so the family room was only available for the 1st night but we were offered a double with an additional bed put in for night 2. They were only worried this would inconvenience us but it really was no problem to us and our bags were moved for us. The family room is so lovely and spacious but the double, even with an extra bed, was still more than enough room for us. And the beds are unbelievably comfortable! The location is slightly out of the town centre but this was a bonus in many ways as it's close enough to wander down into town but so quiet and peaceful away from the busy centre for a good night's sleep. Quite a climb back up but it was only £4 for a taxi if you prefer not to walk. Plenty friendly advice offered about where to eat and visit too.
Breakfast was delicious and plentiful with a good range of options. And because you order the night before the service is smooth and efficient.
I've stayed in Fort William several times but this place is by far the nicest B&B I've found there. Would definitely recommend to friends and will stay here again the next time we visit.
Thanks Florence and Adam!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2012

What a fabulous sized family room. The ensuite was lovely with fab power shower. The family were very welcome. The only minor negatives were; tv signal poor, and breakfast early. It is a fair old trek up a hill but a good walk down to town in the evening and a taxi back meant we could both have a wee drink. Would certainly consider returning.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed January 28, 2012

Back in Fort William for a business trip and decided to use this B&B again.
Adam and Florence looked after me again in their usual friendly and very effecient manner.
This is surely the best breakfast in Lochaber, the room was to the usual very high standard with a super comfy bed and super shower.
Cant praise this place enough and will return next year all going well.
Thanks again Florence and Adam

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ivanivan
Reviewed August 21, 2011

Our friend´s car broke on the second day of our scottish vacation. Around 9a.m., after we left B+B near Callander, the car fumed and the arm went to a red area on the display. We stopped and called the owner of our last B+B, he arranged our car check-up at the nearest car sevice (few kms after Callander in the forrests and fields). Well, head gasket - change it (won´t be done the same day and pay a fortune) or leave it for parts sale. Countless phonecalls started. We also called the BurntreeHouse B+B that we might not arrive because our car is down and won´t be done tonight if it was a problem:"Such a short notice? Yes,it would be a big problem!" Sorry, we did not include a car-break-down in our vacation schedule - if we did, we´d let Burntree House B+B know at least 2 weeks ahead! We waited for the insurance guy to arrive (at 2p.m.), then a necessary procedure.After a lot of thinking, we decided that it was not worth the repair, we decided to rent a car (but from a company which would let us return it at the airport at the end of the trip - impossible, another countless calls to find this rental company). We ended up renting a car from this service after all, necessarily returning it there (had to change our trip plans and rearrange bookings). We arived to Burntree House B+B after a ruined day in a heavy rain. "Here are your keys and rooms are upstairs".They helped us with our luggage up to the floor.What a "warm welcome"! In the morning, a vacuum cleaner banging on the floor and stood behind our door clearly indicated to leave and not detain. At the breakfast, at 8:10 a.m. it looked if we didn´t finish fast enough, it would be taken away as a clean-up started while we were still eating. Sorry for bothering. If we knew we´d never rush to arrive and stayed south near the service and found a place to sleep there (Killin area).Fortunately, it was the only bad experience on our trip.

Room Tip: Breakfast would be good if we had a chance to enjoy it. Water kettle cabel (rooms) is short-you prepare tea/coffee on the floor!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank VittyBrno
Fl0rence01, Owner at Burntree House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2011

Myself and Adam were extremely dissapointed to read your review and the fact you were disatisfied with your stay with us at Burntree.
We both pride ourselves on our customer care and friendliness to all of our guests at all times and had hoped that we offered you all this service.
Adam remembers the phone call he received from yourself explaining your predicament of the unfortunate incident of the breakdown of your car which obviously must have been upsetting to you all whilst on your holiday. He did in fact say to you that unless we were able to re-sell the rooms at such short notice that we would have had to charge you which is a standard procedure in the hospitality industry, I can assure you that had you cancelled and we re-sold the rooms then of course you would not have been charged, unfortunately as we are not on a direct road we rely heavily on our website business as we do not get passing trade which makes it harder for us to re-sell rooms at short notice. I remember clearly Adam taking all of your bags upstairs to your rooms, but was unsure of whose bags were for which room so felt that it would be fine to just leave them at the landing opposite the rooms,
I myself checked you into your rooms and I could clearly see that you had had a very tiring day and with the weather being so bad you were all cold and wet,, so although i would have chatted to you as I normally do with all of my guests I could see that you all just wanted to relax and settle down for the night in our comfortable rooms, I did feel that I was my pleasant self to you and I certainly remember saying that if you needed anything do not hesitate to come and see me downstairs. I am sorry that you felt that breakfast was rushed, myself and adam always try to make our guests feel comfortable and relaxed each and every morning and I am surprised to hear this. It is common procedure if one of our rooms has departed that we would try to get them serviced as soon as possible so that rooms are ready early and promptlly for on coming guests but in no way is that meant that any guests should feel rushed, we always say to our guests that although check out time is 10am they are more than welcome to stay longer should they need it.
Once again please accept our sincere apologies that you did not enjoy your stay with us at Burntree, we have always prided ourselves on the fact that we have a amazing guest book with fantastic reveiws from all of your guests and on tripp advisor also so to read your was upsetting for us both also.
I sincerely hope that if you ever decide to come back to Fort William that you would choose to stay with us once again, we would be only too pleased to welcome you once again as you seemd lovely people.
Yours Faithfully
Florence & Adam
Burntree

Reviewed July 1, 2011

We arrived at the Burntree on 26th June 2011 and stayed for 2 nights - how we wished we could have stayed more! Our room had everything - clean, welcoming tea/coffee tray and ensuite facilities, not to mention a great view of Loch Linnhe from one of the windows! Our guests Adam and Florence were very helpful.
On our first day we walked to the city ventre of Fort William to find a restaurant following Adam's instructions and arrived without any problem. But on our return, perhaps due to the rain which had started to fall rather heavily, we somehow got lost! Since no one was around to give directions I decided to call our B&B and Adam attempted to explain me how to proceed on the telephone. But when he realised that it would be difficult he volunteered to come and pick us and arrived within a few minutes. Thank you Adam!
The breakfast is chosen the night before from a prepared list and is very good.
We loved our stay and look forward to return some time soon.

Room Tip: The room in the attic at the end of the corridor!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family