“Such an adorable place from the outside”
Review of No4 Restaurant - CLOSED

No4 Restaurant
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We chanced upon this restaurant as the menu did look Scottish and promising. Only 1 out of the 3 servers we had actually acted friendly, the other 2 were not very interested in being waitstaff. My salmon was actually excellent, but my husband's Sirloin was overcooked and grisly. They labelled this as "Scottish beef", so we weren't quite sure if "Scottish beef" was supposed to be overcooked and grisly or if we were just being Americans expecting a decent cut that was edible. We realized after eating beef at other much better restaurants that "Scottish beef" is delicious....this restaurant just chose to serve a poor cut. The chips that came with the beef were also low quality and mushy. So the restaurant was average for me and I wouldn't recommend this place again. In fact, we happened upon some friends while in town that were considering this restaurant and we veered them away. Such a charming location, I really wish we had something besides the stone cottage feel to rave about.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stopped over in Fort William for 3 nights during a 16 night tour of Scotland. After very disappointing 'pub grub' on our first night in this area we found No.4 on our second night. Had a lovely three course meal each with wine and all very reasonably priced.

There wasn't a massive selection on the menu but what they did, they did very well indeed. The venison on the first night was one of the best meals I've ever had anywhere and the wine to accompany it was first class.

We were so impressed by our experience that we went back the night after for our last meal in the Fort William area. Without a doubt the best meals we had during our 16 night tour.

Would heartedly recommend this venue without hesitation.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Very prompt service and nice waiters/waitresses. The food was excellent and pretty good value for money. I would definitely return if in the area again.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Didn't know what to expect as the restraunt looks very small from the outside but turned out to be bright and spacious inside.
The menu was varied with a good range of tasty choices that were far healthier than the other restraunts in the town .great as we had just driven 4 +hours and were ready for a meal but didn't want anything greasy !.
Our waiter was a very helpful chap called Masum who checked everything was ok & didn't keep us waiting long for our meal .
We both decided on salmon fillet with asparagus risotto & fresh veg which was cooked to perfection ,followed by desert & coffee.
Slightly more expensive than some others in town but worth it for sure.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

My husband and I discovered this little hidden gem while driving back through to Inverary where we went for our Honeymoon. We have been married 11 years but couldn't afford a honeymoon until we had been married 2 years. As then as is now, the staff are warm, friendly, inviting, kind and can't do enough for you. The Second time we went back we became parents to one son, the third time we went back we had our two boys and that was just the other day. The food is fresh, quick service, you get a good amount for your money and they offer a varied selection, for even vegetarians like my husband. I LOVE their soup. It was so nice the second time I had it my husband had more than I did and the third time my youngest took it. It's also one of the rare places where if you order a sandwich, you get salad and crisps on the side which is always a nice surprise. Their soup is gorgeous, their fish and chips are some of the best I've had and their toasted sandwiches are stuffed full. We love this place and will be going back for more meals in the future. We are moving to Yorkshire from Glasgow next week but rest assured it will be where we stop when we head to Scotland for camping. Give it try I will be shocked if you have a bad word to say about the food and service.

1  Thank Debbie B