“Birthday Lunch”

Ranked #15 of 69 Restaurants in Fort William
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 5, 2013

I planned a first visit to this restaurant to celebrate my wife's birthday. We decided on lunch and Monday being the day arrived to find ourselves the only patrons. Sometimes this is uncomfortable but at Inverlochy we were given the best table and had the sense that we could enjoy the experience, which we did unreservedly. The menu was delightful, again, a bespoke menu for the days lunch. Two dishes stood out - a starter of skate cooked wonderfully with savoury accompaniments and a passion fruit souffle which was delicate in every sense. Wonderful.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Back once again for a delightful lunch with family, the overall service, food and fantastic friendly staff make Inverlochy the ultimate luncheon venue in Scotland. It, one could say, is almost addictive!!

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Over the years and being quite well traveled, my friends & I play a game of how we would improve any particular Hotel in which we were staying... our two month tour of Scotland and it's Golf Courses found us at Inverlochy en route to Turnberry.
A lift would have been a benefit and in season, take gallons of Midge Cream unless you want to be eaten alive by the Wee Beasties. That said, Inverlochy is an experience which everyone should have once in their life. Service from highly professional staff, every attention given to detail, Food deserving International Recognition with personal attention from a Kitchen where nothing was too much trouble.
Hard to find any mention on the Internet but the room dedicated to the Personal Correspondence of Jefferson Davis who stayed there in 1869, is illuminating and worth a visit just for that rare incite into his thoughts after the American Civil War.
In conclusion, we decided Inverlochy Castle is where fond memories of Scotland are made.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Built like a castle this boutique hotel is an excellent dinner location. You'll start by sitting in the main lobby in front of a fireplace and have your appetizers and cocktails. The dining room is lovely. Food is superb and ample! After dinner coffee in another lovely room. Great service! The cost of dinner is high but worth the splurge.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

We rocked up on spec. They come out to the car as it entered the porch and we asked if we could have some coffee and shortbread. They were perfectly happy in spite of us not being residents but they did lurk a bit, it has to be said. The shortbread was excellent, the coffee less good. The building is so fab in a Monarch of the Glen crossed with Gleneagles way that it was well worth the twelve quid it cost. The ladies loo was wonderful, the toiletries were Penhaligon. I rest my case? We decided we wanted to be really rich and take the place over for my daughters wedding. I can dream, can't I?

2  Thank roseandco