Fassfern Guesthouse
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Cruachan Hotel(Fort William)
  • Breakfast included
The Lime Tree(Fort William)
View Hotel
The West End Hotel(Fort William)
  • Breakfast included
Highland Hotel(Fort William)
  • Restaurant
Ossian's Hotel(Fort William)
  • Bar/Lounge
Imperial Hotel(Fort William)
View Hotel
Bank Street Lodge(Fort William)
Alexandra Hotel(Fort William)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfew minutes walkb bone nightthe main high streetguest houselovely breakfastlovely roomnext morningben nevislochforthostess
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Stayed here for two nights in June. Fassfern is a beautiful old house in a prime position overlooking the loch, we had a lovely room at the front of the house. The gardens were immaculate and there was plenty of off street parking at the back. At first the owners seemed a little bit abrupt, telling us to go and fetch luggage then we'll be shown to room!
Breakfast was well cooked but more choice and flexibility would have been nice.
All in all I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lesley933
Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is a very nice guesthouse in an ideal location for the centre of Fort William, which is within walking distance, it also has plenty on-site parking. The room was comfortable and importantly clean and the gardens were really well maintained. The breakfast was nice but if I was being ultra picky it would have been nice to be asked what we wanted for our cooked breakfast instead of it just being presented to us. All and all would definitely recommend for a short stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

The fassfern is in a great location. Room was fine maybe on the small size. Breakfast room is fine. Service not so. I would like to be asked if I wanted White or brown toast and wasn't asked what I wanted for cooked breakfast . Plate just put in front of me . I would like to have made a choice. Also 8.15 to 9 very short time for breakfast.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank sharr69
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Ended up here after the Myrtle Bank messed up our booking. I see that debpk77 had a similar experience! Still, we enjoyed it. Glad we got to stay somewhere else on our WHW walk. Good location on main road south out of FW but not so good for WHW or Great Glen Way. Good sized rooms, and breakfast!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I went here with my friend, who had booked the guest house online. Unfortunately, when we arrived, we found that our room, room 7, allegedly a twin room, was too small to be comfortable for two people, plus there were tow major absences: no chairs, which meant anyone would have to lie on the bed rather than on a chair, plus no wardrobe. In the event, we found another place where I stayed, while my friend slept at Fassfern. i cannot comment on any other rooms.Perhaps we were just unlucky, but i cannot in all conscience recommend this place on the basis of our experience of it.

Room Tip: Don't choose room 7!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends