“Wonderful B & B”

Ranked #15 of 111 Fort William B&B and Inns
Perth, United Kingdom
“Wonderful B & B”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Had a 2 night break on 8th Oct with my boyfriend. Sadly he didn't ask for a loch view room, but none the less the allocated room was quiet, well equipped and relaxing, despite looking over rear garden and properties beyond. Bed was so comfortable and we slept like a log. I recently lost my mum and this was a much needed rest. Hosts were attentive but not intrusive and the tasty breakfast was served quickly, I would have eaten a lot more but tried to be ladylike haha.
Hope to be back soon as my boyfriend a Munro bagger, tho on this occasion we went on more gentle walks.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Shanghai, China
Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband & I stayed here for 3 nights, and could not have been happier with it. The room we booked was in the building next to the main house, with a fabulous view of the Loch. It was very spacious and extremely comfortable, but the 'piece de resistance' was the bathroom - with an enormous free standing bath tub ! What a great surprise !
We had a car, and there is ample parking on site.
Location is great - just a 5 minute walk to the High Street, and within very easy reach of great restaurants. Breakfast is served in a lovely dining room within the main building and provides a great start to the day. The hosts were very welcoming, and we would definitely recommend this, and hope to be back again in the not too distant future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 3, 2013

My father and I stayed 3 nights in a massive twin room in the building next to the main house, with a large bathroom and views straight out to the lake - pretty fantastic really. The hosts were so helpful and really generous with helping me when my dad became unwell suddenly and he had to go to hospital. I asked them to call a taxi for me and instead took me in their own car straight away which I thought was so lovely, especially since they were fully booked and very busy. It really meant a lot to me that they offered to do that and were so happy to help. A really great place to stay - fantastic service, awesome breakfast, lovely place to stay. So convenient too, my father (70+ years) and I could easily walk to town and back each day.

I would definitely stay here again and recommend to all!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2013

stayed here for one night without booking in advance , from the moment we arrived we were made very welcome , we asked what time breakfast was as we had to be at the station early to book on to the jacobite train experience , they were very accomodating and let us have breakfast a bit earlier so we could get away on time , we were only sorry that we didnt have more time at the hotel , the staff were very friendly and the breakfast was lovely , definitely recommend it ,

Room Tip: room 3 was overlooking the loch with 2 lovely chairs to sit and watch the world and birds go by , ve...
Gt Yarmouth
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Very nice b&b owners were very friendly and inviting , cooked breakfast was excellant which we had both days we stayed :) Room was fantastic very clean and had everything we needed and was very quite . Its location was fantastic for us as we were there too climb Ben Nevis and Glenn Nevis which was only 5 mins drive from the b&b :D . Also the view from our room out onto the Loch was fantastic :)
Was an all round very nice b&b would recommend too all too stay in :D

Elk Grove, California, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed in Room 6. Bed was comfortable and room was quiet. Bathroom was very large with heated floors and heated towel rack. Loved the chocolates on arrival. Breakfast selection was excellent. Loved the porridge and having my own pot of hot chocolate.
Friendly staff made us feel welcome.
Excellent location for running along the loch and less than ten minutes to the Ben Nevis trailhead.
Wifi was good from the room.
Location was convenient to walk to restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Very friendly owners and an excellent cooked breakfast in a lovely large dining room. Make sure you take a seat in the circular turret corner of the room! Bedroom was in a separate building next door which was newly furnished however the room was a bit small. Bathroom was too small to change in but bed was comfy and room was quiet. Would return again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the original building!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends