“Lovely stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Myrtle Bank Guest House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort William
Myrtle Bank Guest House
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Fort William
Aachen, Germany
“Lovely stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2010

We only planned to stay one night in the Myrtle Bank Guest House and ended up staying 2 nights. The room was spacy, clean and lovely decorated. We had a great view over LochLinnhe from our room. Friendly, competent staff!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Kinross, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2010

As we had nothing booked, my mother and I were delighted that there was a vacancy here as we had been on the road for a good 4 hours. We found our host very friendly & helpful. Our twin en suite room was very clean & comfortable & we looked out onto Loch Linnhe. Breakfast, again we can only say was excellent. would recommend to everyone whether it be for business or leisure as it is excellent value for money & we will definitely be back.

• Stayed October 2010
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2010

My brother and I stayed here for one night whilst our travels around the Western Highlands. The place is impressive from the outside and just as beautiful on the inside - and the surrounding views aren't bad either. The host was very friendly and advised us at a lovely seafood restaurant nearby which we also enjoyed. The room was very clean and very suitable for our needs. Breakfast was lovely - the only thing which would of been excellent was filtered coffee as it tasted like instant. Overall had a great stay and would definitely go back to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2010
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2010

Arrived in Fort William after a 6 hour drive from North Wales with no where booked to stay. We tried a few hotels, but they were all well over £100 per night without breakfast. I spotted the Myrtle Bank on the off chance and they were very accommodating. We had a double en suite room, which was on the ground floor next to the front door. There was a little bit of noise, but nothing at all after 8pm. Everyone was very friendly and helpful, the breakfast was delicious and well needed before summiting Ben Nevis. The room was basic, but very clean and well maintained. Everything was in full working order and it looked almost as if it had recently been decorated. After viewing some of the other pictures on here, I've discovered that its not been decorated, just well cared for.

As we turned up here on the off chance of a room, I can honestly say that this was one of the best hotels i've stayed in, in the UK.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Falkirk, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2010

This b&b well surpassed our expectations for the money we paid. The rooms were spacious, clean and bright. Landlady was extremely friendly and obviously trusting, saying " just pay me in the morning". i can't understand the few bad reviews that I have just read. I don't know what people want these days.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Aberdeen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2010

I stayed at Myrtle Bank having been doubled booked at the Cruachan Hotel (explained in my review of the Cruachan Hotel). In the end this was a blessing because I got a better room at Myrtle Bank for less.

Even though I was looking for a room at 9pm on a Friday night, Dora did her best to make sure that I had somewhere to stay for the weekend and turn my weekend into an enjoyable one. The room I stayed in was one of the cleanest I've seen with almost brand new TV, shower and furniture. At night it was completely quiet and I got a great night's sleep both nights.

It was great to see foreign tourists enjoy a Scottish breakfast done properly in the morning and see proper Scottish hospitality. I would recommend this place to anyone wanting to see some of the beautiful scenery that lochaber has to offer.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Saint Davids, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2010

First, the B&B is well located even for someone traveling by train. It is a few minute walk from the station, through High Street and a quick walk on the sidewalk along the main road. The view of the loch is as advertised, just outside my window and beautiful. The room was spotless, exceedingly comfortable and very attractive. The staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was both hearty and delicious. When I return to Fort William, I don't see any reason to stay anywhere else.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo