“Excellant Guest House.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Myrtle Bank Guest House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Fort William
Myrtle Bank Guest House
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Fort William
Ballymena, N.Ireland
“Excellant Guest House.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2009

I recently stayed at this very beautiful guest house with my 85 year old dad. We had a fantastic twin room at the front of the house which had the most picturesque view. The house itself is spotlessly clean and extremely well furnished. The breakfast is very good and served by a very friendly waitress in a room with a lovely view over the Loch. All in all an extremely pleasant stay.

• Stayed September 2009
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Newcastle UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2009

We stayed at Myrtle bank for one night whilst touring this area.
The guest house is actually 2 houses together (I believe there are 3 in total which make up Myrtle bank).
We booked in to a superior room which to be honest was quite small and not what we would expect from a room billed as such.
The bathroom was small and the towels are stored outside.
The break fast room is located in one of the guest houses and you have to walk outside to get there.
The breakfast was most dissapointing. No choice was offered apart from fried. With at least two guest houses using the same room a few poeple had to wait or come back to have breakfast.

The guest house themselves are clean, well presented and good value for money. Only a short walk in to town so well situated.
Based on other places we had stayed the staff where a little dissapointing. Maybe the size has a bearing on this as all others made you feel welcome, asked if you had a good time and really showed an interest in what you where doing.

Would I return? there is nothing wrong with this guest house, but I would try another or one I had stayed at before.
The service needs to be improved. and the breafast needs a big improvement.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank JohnSingleton
Hobart - Tasmania - Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2009

I had heard previously that a couple of people had booked and when they arrived there was no rooms available. Bearing this in mind I rang from Australia twice to make sure all was booked and I also rang a day or so before we arrived at Fort William. No problems. My daughter and two grandsons (expats living in China) were holidaying with my husband and myself so we were hoping for largish rooms. We were given flat 3 in the Chalet at the rear of Myrtle House and the two bedrooms were huge. Down stairs we had two queen size beds and upstairs there was a queen size bed and a single plenty of room for the 5 of us. TV in both rooms and bathroom upstairs. This was discounted for us and rooms were serviced daily. Wonderful breakfast was had by all and kept us all going for most of the day. We stayed in all 4 nights and could not of been happier. Down side to this for us was no bar fridge as we had no where to keep the bubs milk cold (also the bubbly) and no where to heat it up. A guest lounge would of been great just to get out ot the room especially with the boys. All in all very clean and comfortable and handy for many a days journey sightseeing.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Aberdeen
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2009

Similar to one of the previous reviewers we arrived at the place at around 6pm after 9- hour driving only to find out that our family room was given to someone else just "two minutes ago". We were travelling with my mother who is 70 and I did everything to make the journey as smooth as possible. This included calling Myrtle Bank twice to confirm that we were coming, last time I called just a day before we arrived there. The most offending part of the conversation with the lady who delivered the news was when she tried to convince me that she called and left a message on my mobile phone and it was apparently my fault I did not receive the message. I kept my mobile with me all the time switched on, there were no incoming calls and no messages from Myrtle Bank. Similar to the previous reviewer I received no apologies and no regrets were expressed, but on the contrary no help was offered either. The discourteous lady I was dealing with was totally unsympathetic.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
7 Thank golubmira
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2008

Stayed 2 nights at Myrtle Bank. Beautifully maintained guest house and given warm welcome by Dora. Very clean and comfortable and nice breakfast served by pleasant waitresses.. Good location with only a few minutes walk to the shops etc. A good choice of accommodation in a town which does not offer a great deal in the way of hotels.

Stayed August 2008
Stockholm
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2008

Can't fault anything. Even got a small discount without even asking. Landlady very friendly, great room facing the loch. Very clean, would've stayed longer, but doing a driving hol through Scotland. Never forget that morning view from our bedroom window when we woke up.

• Liked — Waking up with the view of the Loch
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
bournemouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2008

wow what a place to stay we stayed for three nights it was our honeymoon the room and views where amazing and dora made us feel so welcome will be back for our 1st anniversary caroline and ian bournemouth

Stayed May 2008