“Better than expected!”

Ranked #7 of 21 Hotels in Fort William
Edinburgh
“Better than expected!”
Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the premier inn for 3 nights, we found the hotel very good. Checked in with no problems cheery guy on the desk. We booked for breakfast for 2 mornings which was very nice. The porridge was lovely,plenty of choice with cereals,fruit ,yogurts,juices and the full English breakfast and as much tea or coffee you can drink for £8.25. The rooms were very clean and warm with a big t.v on the wall,the bathroom was a good size with plenty towels provided. Tea and coffee in the room and more in reception if needed, help your self. All in all was a great stay.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Not the first time my family has stayed at this Premier Inn and what a change in 2 years. We stayed in Room 101 check in date 8th of March. Firstly cant fault the staff, very friendly. The room was I have to say clean however Premier's maintenance programme is none existence. The first thing was the chair that all rooms have. Without exaggerating it's borderline on being dangerous if anyone sat on it. I put my coat on the back of it on arrival and it wobbled and nearly completely collapsed. On closer inspection the chair is falling apart and coming away at the joints. The light above the mirror in the bathroom was actually sitting at an angle as was the soap in the bath tub. both not fixed to the wall correctly. To get soap out of the wash hand basin dish I had to dismantle this and reassemble. My question to Premier Inn is are the cleaners walking about theses rooms with their eyes closed? Why on earth would you not report these faults to the maintenance team? These small faults could be rectified in a matter of minutes. Not that big a deal but annoying none the less.

This brings me on to the Brewers Fayre food, DISGUSTING and would not recommended anyone dinning there. Having a pub adjoined IMHO gives you the edge over Travel Lodge but not in this case. If visiting Fort William again I would not favour Premier over The Travel Lodge. I had the Steak and Ale Pie. TBH I'm pretty certain that the Ale part was never put in when cooking. I have never came across a steak pie that was saturated with onions. TBH I have never had a steak and ale pie that has had onion in it until I ate here. The menu really needs changed to stake and onion pie. The taste was so over powering I sent it back. My wife had the Ham-shank which was also inedible. You could have soled a shoe with it, climbed Ben Nevis and it would still be intact. Never again will I eat in this restaurant and would advice anyone visiting to spend their money elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Paul M
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Fort William Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Ive stayed in many premier inns throughout the uk but Fort William premier inn was bad. Room heating only came on late at night which I was there with my son from 28th Feb for 2 nights. Showers badly need upgrading. Had to leave bathroom door open to let some heat in through the night. Ended up with the flu which I did not have for over a year or more. Must say the staff where very nice shame about the hotel over priced for what you get.

1 Thank caroline m
Gary P, Manager at Premier Inn Fort William Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Thank you for your review regarding your stay with us. It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep, and i apologise that on this occasion we have failed to provide that, it really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep and we guarantee this and on this occasion we failed to provide this. I have now taken up the matter with our maintenance team who are looking into the heater in this particular room so we can ensure no other guest will have the same problem that you experienced on your stay with us. Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to
Premier Inn in the near future
Arbroath, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Just back from a weekend away at Fort William. We are a family of 4, and decided to stay at the Premier Inn as we have used them at other locations previously, and this is by far the best one we have stayed at. We requested a cot for our 4 month old, and this was all set and ready to go when we arrived. The room was perfectly catered for a family of 4 (towels, cups, bedding, etc.). All the staff were very friendly, and were great with the children. Especially the breakfast staff who gave us a more convenient place to sit with our baby, as she was too small for the high chairs. The breakfast itself was the best that I had experienced at a Premier Inn.
The location is perfect, with a few places to eat nearby and is also good for getting to a lot of the attractions.
Thank you Premier Inn Fort William, we will be back.

2 Thank TouristFaeScotland
Edwinstowe, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 1, 2014

The Hotel room was very clean, tidy, warm and the bed was extremely comfortable. All the staff were polite, attentive, very helpful and they couldn't do enough for us. The food at the restaurant next door was excellent value and the staff were very welcoming.

Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2014

booked on their £29 special offer. A very clean and comfortable hotel, like most premier inns. Close to local amenities. Staff were friendly and relaxed, but efficient. Due to a change in circumstances I had to amend my room type the day before arrival, but this was dealt with in a friendly efficient way with no drama. No complaints at all about my stay.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Stockton-on-tees, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2014

Worst place I have ever stayed with my family not set for family's at all. Was just a double room with a bed shoved in the corner. They room was set for 2 people not 4.ie 2 cups 2glasses 2 towels etc etc 2 plugs not good for family's

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Gary P, Manager at Premier Inn Fort William Hotel, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Thank you for your recent review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high quality of accomodation in all our establishments, and i do apologise that on this occasion we failed to do this, i have duly noted your issues and concerns and will be speaking to and passing on your issues to the housekeeper so we can ensure these problems do not occur again. Once again let me take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback which will help us change the negative into a positive and deliver a great service to every guest.