Stayed for 2 nights in August 2013. This was a present from my family to celebrate my 60th birthday. What a lovely guest house. Owners Tony & Bev made us very welcome. We stayed in room 5 which had a king size bed and was extremely comfortable. En-suite bathroom was excellent and spotless. Room overlooked the front garden and road, but we could not hear any traffic noise whatsoever. Plenty of choice for breakfast which also included salmon. Dinner is an option which must be ordered by 12 noon and is served 7pm. I found this a pleasant surprise for a B&B and we had an excellent meal after spending the day on the steam train.
This is our first stay in a guest house in Scotland, even though we live in Scotland, and have already recommended the place to our son.
Guest House is close to Neptunes Staircase which is well worth a visit.
We hope to be back in the not too distant future and thanks to Tony & Ben for making my 60th very special.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set in mature gardens with mountain views, Mansefield, a popular guest house in Fort William, lies on the Road to the Isles and only a few hundred metres from the Caledonian Canal and the Great Glen Way. Corpach Station is 200 metres away and the local bus stop is directly opposite our house, easy. We have 6 en-suite rooms, including a well sized single room. 3 rooms overlook Loch Linnhe and the Ardgour hills, with views of Ben Nevis and the Grey Corries, whilst the other 3 rooms enjoys beautiful garden views. (Take 5 mins on the window seat and watch the antics of our garden birds!) Guests are welcome to relax in the sitting room overlooking one of our gardens. The Victorian style of the room is emphasized by the log fire, making for a cosy atmosphere during those colder nights we sometimes have here in Scotland! There are many books and magazines to read, in addition to lots of tourist information to help you plan your next day's sightseeing excursions or assault of the "Ben". Our garage can by used to store your bikes, and we have a drying room available for your wet weather gear. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Mansefield Guest House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mansefield Guest House Hotel Fort William
- Mansefield Guest House Fort William, Scotland