“Very satisfied customer”

Ranked #25 of 111 Fort William B&B and Inns
perthshire, scotland
“Very satisfied customer”
Reviewed October 6, 2011

This B&B was recommended when couldn't get into my first choice. I was traveling on my own and they have a single room so that is worth noting. The room was extremely comfortable, perfectly clean and very well-equipped with good quality towels and bedding, a perfect shower, eco-friendly toiletries and even a teapot on the hospitality tray if I remember rightly!The owners were helpful and welcoming, breafkast was superb and they were happy to take my wet waterproofs and dry them for me overnight. The B&B has character - there is a lounge I could have used if I'd wanted - and I felt very comfortable there. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank scottishhillgirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Was late arriving but made to feel welcome. Reasonable size of rooms for the price and a huge bed which was very comfy. beautiful choices for breakfast -not just your usual cereal and fry-ups and a lovely garden to sit out it. Very reasonably priced. Nothing special on the decor but they have a single room with no supplement so thats a bonus too.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank fisherwoman82
Aberdour, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2011

The short stay far exceeded all expectations I had of the Mansefield house. From the warm welcome I received from Toby upon my arrival, to the excellent Scottish breakfast Toby preparared and served me at 05:30 in the morning ( wearing a chefs whites ). Toby and Bev take great pride in the Mansefield and it shows in the high standard of the room the food and the hospitality. Perfect accomodadion for hill walkers and climbers who require that warm clean room, with the most important hearty hot early breakfast before heading out to the hills.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank gonediving52
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed March 11, 2011

This was pretty much your average B&B. It was a little ways from the main area of Fort William, and I would not recommend walking as the traffic out front was quite busy. It was clean, the rooms were nice, and breakfast was good. We were the only ones staying, but the sign out front said "no vacancies", so I kind of wondered why that was, but no big deal. We asked for places within walking distance, and they sent us up the street to an Inn that was pretty good, and told us if we said we were from Mansefield, we would get a good deal. It turns out, the owners daughter works there, and at first we thought he played a good trick on us, but the food and drinks were really good, so no complaints there. We didn't get a good deal though, just a coupon for our NEXT visit, which wasn't much help since we were only staying one night. So be prepared for that! I'd recommend this place if you are loking for a place to stay in Ft. William.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HokieVol
Lisburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 9, 2011

My wife and I booked a six night stay at Mansefield Guest House in Corpach, so that we could experience a Hogmany Party.
We arrived on 29th December, and received a warm greeting from Bev and Toby who own the guesthouse. We were offered tea and coffee as we had driven from Northern Ireland. After unpacking, we made our way down to the lounge which had a roaring log fire burning and had our welcomed cup of tea. As I need a Gluten Free diet, I was offered some appropriate biscuits.
Breakfast each morning is huge with a great selection to choose from, which sets you up for a day out, either sightseeing, hiking, shopping etc.
Dinner in the evening is always a delight. A homemade soup, Main course, and mouth watering deserts to die for. This is followed by tea or coffeee.
The rooms are beautifully decorated with very comfortable beds. Each room has tea / coffee / drinking chocolate facilities with some biscuits. I was even provided with a box of Gluten Free Jaffa Cakes. Through our window we looked straight down Lough Linne and onto Ben Nevis.
Since our last visit, the rooms have been fitted with flat screen televisions with a built in DVD player.
The bathrooms are very neat, with a powerful electric shower.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this guest house, and look forward to our next stay and the hospitality which is provided by Bev and Toby Richardson.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank JOHNW1952
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 6, 2010

Mansefield Guest House is located at Corpach, outside Fort William, just a short walk from the Corpach station. Our double room was a good size and the bathroom of a very high standard. The bed was really comfortable, far superior to many of the beds we slept on in our month long holiday in Scotland. Breakfast options initially seemed limited - for instance one had to choose between fruit and muesli whereas I would normally have both. However breakfast turned out to be gourmet. My fruit and poached egg on smoked salmon were beautifully presented and perfectly cooked. Lovely guest lounge.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed August 29, 2010

We experienced the staff as friendly and the breakfast was okay. It was a bit complicated, because breakfast needed to be ordered already the evening before, but tis was okay for us.
All in all it was okay.