“Very nice hotel&staff!!! I will recomend to anyone!!!”

Ben Nevis Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Fort William
GreenLeadersBronze level
London, United Kingdom
“Very nice hotel&staff!!! I will recomend to anyone!!!”
Reviewed October 21, 2010

We've been there for 3 nights, me and my husband and another couple and we enjoyed it.
We had a kingsize bed in our room and the staff was very carefull and helpfull.It's a good value for money and the area is just splendid.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Polish first
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2010

Stayed 3 nights good location, clean, good food, friendly staff and good liesure facility.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2010

I got a cheap price for the hotel which was £50 per night which was not worth it.

The room was what felt miles away from reception and the hotel really needs upgrading

The windows didnt shut propley in my room and so it was noisey. The towels were big, which was good, but there was that many threads coming of it , it looked like a rag.

The bath was not fulll a bath but about 3/4

This hotel also accepts coach bookings, whilst i was thier 2 coaches of Germand arrived (nothing wrong with germans) but i was sat in the bar on a table working on my lap top and because their wasnt enough space they sat on my table, not that much of a problem but then they started looking at my laptop so i had to move.

All the staff kept the fire doors open.

In the book in your hotel room it states they do breakfast room service, but no card to fill in, so i rang reception and he stated they do not do it anymore, but becasue it was in the book he would of done it but you could tell it did not like it.

They had a polish guy behind the bar and to be fair he was good, but he never smiled and looked like he was giving you the evils.

they might have an impressive web site, but i noticed allot of smaller hoels whilst i was their that looked a lot better

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank jimmy123_10

Travelers are raving about these Fort William hotels

Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2010

I stayed in the Ben Nevis as part of a Group but with my husband. On arriving after a very long day, the staff were extremely friendly and helpful. We were allocated a room on the first floor of the main building. The room was really clean and comfortable with the biggest bed I've seen. We quickly made use of the leisure suite which was fantastic after a long day sitting behind the wheel. The group were booked in for an evening meal and although there were too many of us to be seated at the same table we were all together. The waiting staff were extremely helpful, especially Claudus, he could not do enough for us. The meal was really good and reasonably priced. We spent some time in the bar at night and had a great time. Even though we moved the furniture around to make space for us all to sit together this never annoyed the staff.

I would highly recommend this hotel for a get away of any kind, whether family or just for a quiet break. I will definately being goin back for another visit.

Great parking facilities at this hotel, even for a Mini Bus and Trailer

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank reesteph
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 9, 2010

I stayed at the Ben Nevis at the end of August and must say I am over the moon. We arrived there after a 60+mile cycle from Inverness to be greeted by a warm reception and lovely staff. After checking in we went to our rooms which where veryclean and comfy. After the cycle it was great just to get into your room, make a cup of tea and lie in the bath (which there was plenty of hot water for). The food and restaurant staff were great. I was part of a group of 21 and although we were a bit loud and spread over the reception/bar area they never complained about us. All in all a good stay and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed August 31, 2010

I would probably have given this a 2 1/2 if I could. It suited my purposes for what I needed, but I think I could have gotten a bed and breakfast closer to town for better value. Because this was a hotel and leisure club I thought it would be nicer. Now, there was nothing awful about it, don't get me wrong, but for $100 a night I just didn't think it was quite worth it. I had a very small single bed, the walls were so thin I could here the person in the room next door coughing and using the washroom and shower. I'm someone who in the past has stayed in hostels, so it was great to have my own room and bathroom, however at that price point, I'm pretty sure I could have gotten a B&B with more atmosphere, probably even closer to town (this was about a mile outside town...walking distance yes, but not really close if you don't have a car)
All in all I'm not giving it two stars because it was terrible or anything, but just because I don't think it was good enough value for my money and I think you could get better value somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Scotland
Reviewed August 8, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for one night while supporting family doing a charity sponsor event. The check in was efficient and we were allocated our room. We had the room at the furthest point but as we are fit & able that didn't matter. The first impression was that although the room was clean it was in need of an update/ facelift. Good coffee & tea facilities in room. The room was a bit cold and we then discovered that the heater was not working. We reported the fault to the reception prior to going out. When we returned a portable heater had been brought to the room and put on so the room was lovely and warm for our return. Breakfast was very good and the staff very helpful. Check out was efficient. Overall the hotel served the purpose of our visit and the price was reasonable.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple