“Another visit to the Ben Nevis”

Ben Nevis Hotel & Leisure Club
Ranked #13 of 21 Hotels in Fort William
GreenLeadersBronze level
scotland
“Another visit to the Ben Nevis”
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I spent 3 nights in the Ben Nevis in November and was pleased that my experience was much better than my previous ones, my room was in the main building and was really nice and spacious the bathroom was well fitted out also good flat screen tv with all channels working and the food was pretty good in the bar, The reception also helped me out as I had to bring my dog with me although I was on a business trip I had not booked the pets option originally but they were pleased to allow me to bring him anyway. All in all a good experience and I will be using the Ben Nevis in the future.

Room Tip: Get a room in the main building
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
BenNevisManager, Manager at Ben Nevis Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
It's good to hear that you had a good stay with us back in November and we thank you for the time you have taken to post your review.

We very much look forward to welcoming you and your dog again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (213)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 10, 2014

My Wife and I have just spent 5 nights between Christmas and over the New Year for the 7th time which was a resounding success as always. The hospitality extended to us from our first visit has ensured we return Year on Year including other Seasonal weekends on occasion.
The Staff in the Hotel and accompanying Leisure Centre cannot be faulted for their courteousness and professionalism, and It also goes without saying that the Chef and his team should be congratulated for the varied excellent cuisine which again cannot be faulted.
We fully appreciate that it is nigh on impossible to please everyone as some reviewers seem to expect whether it be accomodation, entertainment or suchlike but the Strathmore Hotel Management & Staff do try and 'go the extra mile' in ensuring where possible this happens.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
BenNevisManager, Manager at Ben Nevis Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your Twixmas & New Year stay with us and for your very kind words, we truly do appreciate them.

As always it was our pleasure to have been able to look after you both and we very much look forward to seeing you again.
Lanark, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed here for one night on our return from Torridon and chose the hotel because it had a swimming pool. The hotel is on the outskirts of Fort William and was excellent value for money. The swimming pool and leisure centre were good and a welcome retreat from the awful weather. We arrived early and were able to get into the room before check-in time.

The staff were friendly and helpful.

The heating was not working in our room but we were offered either a change of room or a heater so felt that our concerns were appropriately addressed.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
BenNevisManager, Manager at Ben Nevis Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, we truly appreciate it and it’s good to hear that you enjoyed yourselves.

Our apologies again for the issue with the heating in your room.
haddington
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Had three great nights at this Hotel of the New Year period. Room was a bit small but cosy and warm. Staff in all areas were brilliant - nothing was a oproblem. Food and all the entertainment was excellent and catered for all ages. Met some great people and had a very enjoyable Hogmanay - first time away for New Year - will certainly not be the last.

Room Tip: Our family room was in the annexe and was quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review your New Year stay with us, it’s really good to hear that you enjoyed yourselves and look forward to seeing you again some day.
Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Obliged to stop here because of lack of alternatives. The Hotel is run down and smelling. The staff was probably trying to be polite with limited success. Should be avoided unless in dire need.
Breakfast was poor with a very limited choice of basic items. Brioches were at least one or two days old. 99 Pounds for one family room was too expensive for this poor standard. Even a cheaper hotel can be more pleasant.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Estelle5L
We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us and we offer our sincere apologies for letting you down. If you would like to contact us direct to discuss things.

You may have seen from other replies we have made that we do have a refurbishment programme, which is set by our Head Office, which includes TVs bathrooms, bedrooms etc however this does take time due to the size of property we are.

Travelers are raving about these Fort William hotels

ayrshire scotland
Reviewed January 4, 2014

my wife and I had a most enjoyable visit, staying here for the new year celebrations, however,
the room we had was in the old motel area and was indeed very basic, a place to sleep was all I could say about it, very small, very old TV small toilet , and we had 8 doors to pass through on our walk from the main hotel to the room, that said though, the good points were the excellent meals , the very nice staff and the other friendly guests who were here to bring in the new year.
we missed the first night entertainment having booked from the 31st dec for 3 nights, and we did try a lot of hotels ,( even leaving it in the hands of EASY BREAKS who managed to get us this one), due to work commitments on the 30th , amazing the amount of hotels that would not accept these dates and were just desperate to sell the new year package, so thanks to the ben nevis for accepting this booking.
we did have a great time but I really don't imagine us staying here for any other holidays unless we could make sure we were in the main building. it is a good ten to fifteen minute walk into the main shopping area of fort william although taxis are readily available at roughly £6 per trip.
a short resume then, bar prices are what you would expect in a hotel, slightly overpriced, but we always pay them. room was NOT what I would normally accept but it was new year, meals were excellent which is a very good point , staff were all very nice the hotel was neat, tidy and clean.
if you are coming here for a walking /skiing type holiday then the rooms in the annex would maybe suit you ok .we would probably go back if we were sure we were in the main building if not then I don't think so.
overall though, a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: any room over 300 is in the annex, if you don't want to walk then make sure you are in the main...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your New Year stay with us, it’s really good to hear that you enjoyed yourselves.

You may have seen from other replies we have made that we do have a refurbishment programme, which is set by our Head Office, which includes TVs bathrooms, bedrooms etc.

If you which to stay with us again, just ask for a room in the main building and if we are able to allocate one we will.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 3, 2014

visited the leisure centre whilst staying at the sister hotel in fort William
on New Year's Day I arrived at 2.30 not realising that it closed at 3 , the manageress ( tall blond lady... did not have my glasses so could not read her name badge) approached me when I was in the steam room . I was expecting to be told that I had 20 mins max to use the facilities ... how refreshing when she told me that she would keep the pool uncovered longer to enable me to do my lengths ... and did I want the steam room kept on so I could use the facility after using the pool.... now that's what I call accommodating

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
BenNevisManager, Manager at Ben Nevis Hotel & Leisure Club, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our Leisure Club and thank you for your very kind words we really appreciate them.