We paid only £49 for bed and breakfast. The room was for two, but there was no single supplement. The decor was nothing special but it was more than adequate and spotlessly clean. The hall carpets could do with being renewed, though.
There is free parking, which is just as well as the hotel is a good 10 minute drive out of the town centre.
It contains a good sized swimming pool and spa complex. Don't forget your trunks!
We ate in the restaurant, which was reasonably priced (about £20 for three courses and coffee) and fairly tasty. The service was a bit chaotic, but friendly and helpful. Live music was playing in the hall, an accordionist, which was fun.
Breakfast was great: a fantastic selection of well cooked and local produce. This really was a Scottish breakfast, with porridge, venison sausages, haggis, etc. Along with many hotels, the only thing that let them down was the poor choice of bread - very mass-produced and synthetic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just on the outskirts of Fort William, at the foot of Ben Nevis, Ben Nevis & Leisure Club offers stunning views of the mountain and is close to the ski slopes of the Nevis Range. The Ben Nevis Hotel and Leisure Club offers a restaurant, a bar, free parking and a Leisure Club with a heated indoor swimming-pool. The hotel’s restaurant, with its views over Ben Nevis, has a table d’hôte menu. Guests can relax in the bar area, and a full Scottish breakfast is served every morning. Access to the Ben Nevis Hotel’s fitness centre is free to all guests. Facilities include a 15-metre long swimming pool, a sauna, as well as a steam room and gym. All the traditionally furnished rooms have a bathroom. Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas and also in Superior Rooms as well as all bedrooms if you book direct. There is also tea and coffee-making facilities and a work desk for guests to use. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Ben Nevis Hotel & Leisure Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ben Nevis Hotel And Leisure Club
- Ben Nevis Hotel & Leisure Club Fort William, Scotland