Gloomy, cavernous, rambling place - situated on the main A82 road going North to Inverness. It looks like it was built circa 1970 and not significantly updated since then. That said, it wasn't bad at all. The room was clean and well maintained - although rather tired in certain respects (no WiFi in the rooms and the TV was ancient analogue). The bar and lounge were spacious, service was efficient.
The buffet breakfast was excellent and the dinner was fine. A modern spa was attached to the hotel and guests had free access to it. One tip - stay out of the spa between 4pm and 7pm as it attracts a lot of family use then. It is much quieter at other times (open 7am to 9pm). Excellent value for money and I am pretty sure we will stay there again,.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated just on the outskirts of Fort William, at the foot of Ben Nevis, Ben Nevis & Leisure Club offers stunning views of the mountain and is close to the ski slopes of the Nevis Range. The Ben Nevis Hotel and Leisure Club offers a restaurant, a bar, free parking and a Leisure Club with a heated indoor swimming-pool. The hotel’s restaurant, with its views over Ben Nevis, has a table d’hôte menu. Guests can relax in the bar area, and a full Scottish breakfast is served every morning. Access to the Ben Nevis Hotel’s fitness centre is free to all guests. Facilities include a 15-metre long swimming pool, a sauna, as well as a steam room and gym. All the traditionally furnished rooms have a bathroom. Free Wi-Fi is available in public areas and also in Superior Rooms as well as all bedrooms if you book direct. There is also tea and coffee-making facilities and a work desk for guests to use. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ben Nevis Hotel & Leisure Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ben Nevis Hotel And Leisure Club
- Ben Nevis Hotel & Leisure Club Fort William, Scotland