“Great rate on a clean room in Fort William”
Review of Cruachan Hotel

Cruachan Hotel
Ranked #16 of 21 Hotels in Fort William
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed here for three nights when I was climbing in/around the North Face of Ben Nevis. I got a great rate on my room through laterooms.com and was happy with the hotel. The Cruachan Hotel overlooks Loch Linnhe, the room was very clean and newly renovated and the staff was friendly and helpful. I recommend a stay at the Cruachan when you are in Fort William.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ethorv
There are newer reviews for Cruachan Hotel

Reviewed January 22, 2013

I booked a single room at an outstandingly low price but was put in a double anyway. The room was spotless and quiet and the bed comfortable. It is a budget hotel and doesn't claim to be anything else but it's excellent value. It's basically a Travelodge type room but with breakfast and well-appointed public rooms at around half the price. Very highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Andy P
Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights as I climbed Ben nevis, and was really glad I came. The staff are wonderful and very helpful, the decor is modern and pleasing and threw rooms clean and comfortable. Sure, ours not the heart hotel in the world, but amazing value and a fantastic breakfast! If I come back to fort William I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed January 5, 2013

stayed here a few times while attending mountain bike events on many years . good food and the rooms have always been good .

if you plan to book to stay here for the world cup mountain bike race ,book now as its a popular place to stay

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Cruachan Hotel provided A-OK lodgings for us while we were en route to The Highlands

Stopping over in Fort William for the evening, we had been driving & sightseeing most of the day & were pretty pooped

Cruachan Hotel is sitting directly across the street from the water & has a lovely balcony to sit, have a drinky, & gaze upon the water

Staff helped my parents carry up their luggage to the tippy top of the hotel (they were placed in this attic-like room, at the top of a twisty-turny staircase)

This was especially nice since there are NO ELEVATORS here so be prepared to schlep stuff.

Speaking of stairs, there are stairs all over the place - I was in the back of the hotel & had to go up stairs, then down stairs, then up stairs to get to my room.....good workout for those Highland Hills

We tried eating in town but everywhere was closed (and this was for BOTH dinner & breakfast the next morning) so we did indulge in the hotel breakfast... standard & filling

Rooms themselves were standard as well. Beds were okay, shower pressure okay, noise-level was okay but I suspect this was due to the fact my floor had a whole tour bus of Seniors who thankfully went to sleep early. They were quite loud in the hallways before "bedtime" & I was getting a bit worried it would be like that all night

So overall, this spot was a good choice for a stopover in Fort William & we'd stay here again if in the area

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Just back from a night in the Cruachan..from some of the reviews I was half expecting the room to be poor but have learned to take reviews with a pinch of salt. The room was fine, warm, clean, decent bed and everything you would need. The rest of the hotel is nice and breakfast wast excellent! Don't let the moaners put you off...professional complainers probably expect 5 star for 3 star prices...I like my comforts and would definitely come back.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JohnnieMc_12
Reviewed November 27, 2012

This has got to be the worst Hotel I have stayed in for many a year, it has a nice reception area but I waited 15 minutes before anybody appeared, I was given room 138 which is at the other end of the hotel on the top floor.The room was clean with two single beds not what I had asked for and the floor squeeked very badly, the bathroom a bit dated. The restaurant was closed and I was told I could eat in the bar lounge for dinner, as there was no staff when I came down or people I decided to eat out. I came back to do some work in the room the wifi was free and was very good, but because of the floor the people below started to bang on the roof and shout keep the noise down and go to sleep a bit like faulty towers. I complained next morning but did not get an answer, will not be back.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business