“Excellent guide!!”

Up and Doon Guided Walks
Ranked #8 of 19 Tours in Fort William
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Up and Doon Guided Walks specializes in unique and personalized walks with small numbers guaranteed(max 6).At an affordable price for individuals,families and groups of friends.We have guided walks and hikes for everyone from gentle valley,walks to more challenging mountain hikes and expeditions.Walk through beautiful forests,see spectacular waterfalls, see Deer and other wildlife including the endangered Golden Eagle,paddle on remote beaches,tramp over wild moorlands and climb high mountains.Our guides all friendly,qualified and experienced will look after you on your journey exploring the wilds of the Scottish Highlands.Check out our website for walks,hikes and expeditions we have running or get in touch for further information.
Loughborough, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent guide!!”
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Andy is one of the best guides I have ever met. He has a wealth of experience and knowledge and such an infectious passion for the hills! Our group was a mixed bag of fitness levels but Andy catered for each one of us and made the walk up Ben Nevis an unforgettable experience. He is very patient and clearly loves what he does and genuinely wants everyone to enjoy their experience to the max. If you're thinking about going up Ben Nevis - choose Up and Doon Guided Walks for an amazing time and a journey you'll never forget!

Visited September 2013
davo98, Owner at Up and Doon Guided Walks, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Hi curls-1009
Thanks so much for your lovely review:) I am glad you found the walk such a enjoyable experience! Hopefully see you back for a wander up and doon soon:)
Cheers

“Incredible Guide!!”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

If you're going to hike Ben Nevis, definitely go with Up and Doon Guided Walks!!! Andy is easily one of the best guides I've met and is so passionate and knowledgeable about Scotland, the mountains, and hiking. It was such a memorable day with a really fun group and I would happily do it all over again.

Visited May 2013
davo98, Owner at Up and Doon Guided Walks, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Hi Kat005

Thanks for such a lovely review:) I am glad you had such a great experience on Ben Nevis and enjoyed the experience of walking in a group:) Hopefully the group is as much fun the next time you decide to come for a wee wander:)
Kind regards
Sydney, Australia
“Ben Nevis & Carn Mor Dearg”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

I highly recommend Up & Doon if you're looking to a walk in the Highlands; Andy is a very knowledgeable, enthusiastic and well prepared guide.

In July 2013, Andy and I walked up Ben Nevis followed by a bit of a scrambling traverse of the narrow ridge Carn Mor Dearg. Great weather (for the most part anyway, being Scotland!), beautiful scenery, good conversation - couldn't have asked for a better day to cross a couple more Munroes off the list! Thanks Andy!

Visited July 2013
Hi Looi87

Thanks so much for taking the time to write a review:) We certainly had a great day out on what is a magic route.Hopefully you can get back this summer to bag a few more Munros with me:) Check out my Munro Bagging Specials running during July and August:) Look forward to getting another wee wander with you sometime soon.
Kind regards
Fort William, United Kingdom
“Ben Nevis with Andy~Highly recommended!”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

I would like to recommend Up and doon guided walks to everyone that like to have an immemorial& great time with a high quality and a good price.
Andy Davidson is an experienced professional, confident guide that love him work.
He is highly qualificated and has a lot of knowing about mountains, the natural environment and history.
He has a lovely personality, friendly and fun person.
I had a really good experience with Up and Doon. We climbed Ben Nevis the last June :) I was a little scared the days before because I don't have experience and I don't have a good phisical condition but when I started the way was really good. He had done a good job and he was explain in the way really interesting things. I had a day in the montain really lovely and difficult forget this.
Definetly, highly recommend I hope to go this summer with Up and Doon again!
For finish, I would like to take the opportunity at congratulate for your fantastic and hard work. Well done! :)

Diana M. C.

Visited June 2013
Hi Dimunoz
Thank you so much for your positive feedback:) I am glad your trip up Ben Nevis was such a great experience. The whole concept behind Up and Doon is to make mountains as accessible as possible for everyone not just the super fit so i am glad that you found this to be the case:) Hopefully we will get out for another walk this summer:)
Take care
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“more monroes please!”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Last September I did the three peak challenge and visited Snodonia, Scafell Pike and Ben Nevis with different tour guides. The biggest highlight for me was definitely the guided tour I took with Andy Davidson. If it wasn't for his well preparation and advice (temperatures can drop quite quickly) I would have been soaked to the bone and freezing cold. I really enjoyed that hike because of the nice atmosphere within the group and I even learned a few words of Doric:)
The view from the Ben is breathtaking I didn’t expect that view after the rainy start. At the end of the hike we all had a well deserved pint.
This incredible experience has made me want to come back and explore more.
I defenately would like to do a hike with Andy to one of the less well known but stunning Monroes.
I can’t wait for another awesome experience! :)

Visited September 2013
davo98, Owner at Up and Doon Guided Walks, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Hi Lou1882

Thanks so much for the fantastic feeback:) I am glad your challenge was such a great experience and has made you want to do more walking in Scotland. There are certainly plenty of options! Check out my website and maybe you can sign up for a week of Munro Bagging in July or August. Until then happy tramping:)