“Friendly clean cosy welcoming hotel with fantastic staff”

Innseagan House Hotel
Ranked #19 of 21 Hotels in Fort William
mumoffivekids
“Friendly clean cosy welcoming hotel with fantastic staff”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

My stay was wonderful. The staff were so lovely friendly and helpful. The chef got up early to make breakfast for us and cooked amazing local produce food and very reasonable prices.
The lounge and bar have a cosy homely feel where I sat relaxed enjoying the views out the window.
There was no job too big for the staff and I actually didn't want to leave as I felt so relaxed and comfortable.
All the staff were amazing and helpful. Alexandra the owner was on reception and was so helpful and knowledgeable about the local area and she pointed us in the direction of some breathtaking walks and drives.
I could not find any fault with the hotel. The bedroom overlooked the loch and had amazing views. The bed was really comfy.
If you are looking for a cosy friendly welcoming hotel where you will feel at home and where staff are so helpful you feel spoilt rotten then this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank mumoffivekids

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Liverpool
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I am perplexed by the previous reviews and comments about the owner of the hotel.
I found her and the family most welcoming and accommodating, very friendly and helpful and couldn't have asked for a better stay.
After a nine hour journey from Liverpool ahead of our 3 Peaks challenge, we were welcomed by the owner's Son who couldn't be more helpful. After a long sleep in a comfortable twin room, breakfast was lovely and we were welcomed to spend our spare few hours before the ascent of Ben Nevis sitting in the living room where we were served coffee, cake and biscuits.
Really cannot fault the hotel and staff, and will definitely return to Fort William and stay here again.
Great job guys, and thank you x
Now for the difficult job of climbing 3 peaks in 24 hours!!!

• Stayed September 2013
Livingston, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stayed for one night on business in Fort William. Warm welcome, nice room but could have done with a really good airing. The evening meal was ok but can't fault the service. Room had a lovely view over the water and the lounge area was extremely comfortable. Wi-Fi was a bit hit or a miss but better than mobile reception. Very accommodating with an early breakfast served on request.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights. This hotel has stunning views. The receptionist and staff really helpful and courteous a credit to the hotel. I must however pass comment on the manageress who was at times rude and difficult to approach. The smallest request i.e. an early breakfast was met with contempt and reluctance! On leaving we could find no one around so had to wake a member of staff to pay a bill. Looking through the reviews the manageress responds only to negativity and appears offended by any feedback! There are some positive things about your hotel and it is beautiful. I am sorry if You may have been having a bad few days but do try to separate this for the sake of your guests.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jan B
Dumfries, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 24, 2013

thoroughly enjoyed my 2 days at innseagan house hotel it is the most relaxing accomadation that my partner and i have stayed in i would highly recommend inseagan house hotel for there hospitality and friendly staff.... food was excellent, accommodation was excellent, room with a view of the loch what more can you ask for, sitting out in the garden with a dram watching the sun going down this is the place to be, a big thank you to alexandra and her staff for a fantastic time, see you soon

Room Tip: ask for a room that over looks the loch
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Manageress is undoubtedly the rudest woman I have come across, there really was no need for her attitude then trying to insinuate I had one when all I was interested in was getting the rooms we had booked, she even tried to palm me off with the idea that we had booked into another hotel over 2 hours away, claiming she had no idea what the email address was for when In fact I find out on here it is for the sister hotel and they have pulled this stunt before on guests. She is obviously under pressure and suffering great personal problems etc but would do her good to remember that is not the fault of her guests, she would have an easier time if she stopped treating them as the problem. This hotel has all the qualities you could want in Fort William unfortunately the owner/manager has none. Stay at this hotel for the comedy value watching her stomp around and listening to the attitude s first lass!!

Room Tip: Book elsewhere!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Kelaso
Alexandra B, Owner at Innseagan House Hotel, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
I am lost for words for this customer, who did not stay @ this hotel. There was a group on business turned up and booked by expotel into another hotel and the woman concerned treated me as if it was my fault that there was no booking. I had my receptionist go by car to try and get another booking in another hotel as they were not answering telephone calls and we were fully booked. I did advise this customer that I would try and see if I had any info on my system regarding this booking, but found through telephone calls that it was a booking not for this hotel but in another. The customer argued and had an attitude with myself as if it was my fault that their booking was wrong. I then gave them, free of charge , teas and coffees and biscuits for their journey back to glasgow. I find this tripadvisor very open to abuse by customers.

Travelers are raving about these Fort William hotels

Hawick, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 14, 2013

Spent 2 nights here on a KGB deal and when we arrived with our voucher the loud mouth manageress said she couldn't find our booking and then when she did find it she said it was for 2 different nights and i can assure you that the Friday and Saturday nights were the nights that were agreed. Then she said that my cell phone was rubbish and hers was better??? because i couldn't get a good wi-fi signal ...silly woman. Room was fine even if it was a view of trees and ferns...breakfast was messy and there was a bus load in before us which left one big mess which no one seemed to clear away. Won't be back as there are a lot more good hotels closer to the centre.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Alexandra B, Owner at Innseagan House Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2013
Greetings, from the 'loud manageress'. I find your review quite funny. I am perplexed as to why you think I would remark on your mobile phone! All my family and friends do say that I have a loud voice, Well, as this job is 24 hours and I am the owner of the business it may be that there are times that I do speak 'loud'.
Thank you for your review.