“Glad I didn't read the reviews :)”

Highland Star Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #58 of 69 Restaurants in Fort William
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had a sizzling starter for 2 and 2 special curries with fried rice. It was very good, served in good time, hot and with regard to other reviews the cutlery and plates were spotless.
Thoroughly enjoyed the meal, though thought it a tad expensive, but bearing in mind they're the only Chinese restaurant in town and Fort William is a big tourist destination, I suppose it was the going rate.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband & I fancied Chinese food, but we wish we had checked TripAdvisor before going. Ah, it was terrible. There is nothing Chinese about the food, never mind being authentic. There's nothing else to be said.... food was awful. Stay clear...

Reviewed August 29, 2013

The staff were polite, quiet, cordial and full of smiles. Exactly what you would expect from people of this culture. The general atmosphere was good n decor felt modern and warm. The food was outstanding as well and arrived promptly with next to no waiting. We eat out regularly, and especially Chinese n Japanese because my partner worked in Hong Kong for a while. We have high standards as a result for authenticity of both food n behaviour. Very impressed with this place and it now rates in our top 3 Chinese restaurants! Not sure where the previous bad reviews have come from, unless some people just don't understand the culture of these people. Love this place and I can now see the odd journey from Nottingham to fort William just to sample this place again. I'd give it 6 stars out of 5 if I could.

1  Thank Richravenshead
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

This is the only Chinese I saw about, we were sat and then left for about 20 mins while the 2 waitresses were tryin to do everything, eventually are drinks order was taken along with our food order, our starters came out and were pipping hot after which about 25mins our mains arrived and where warm at best it was as if they had been sat waiting going cold in the process. It may have been nice had it been hot but I'll never know. Asked for the bill and waited for another 20 mins at the table before getting fed up and standing by the till.

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Recommended by our hotel but not impressed. It did indicate that they served Cantonese meals, which I enjoy, so we tried it. I ordered King Prawn in Tomato with a portion of Yung Chow Chow Fan. I've certainly had worse meals. The Prawns were huge and the fried rice dish was full of meat. No complaints there. We had a good view of the loch from where we sat but the young waitress cocked up the deserts (hence the low rating). As it's the only chinese give it a try - you don't have to go back.