“We will recommend this restaurant”

Highland Star Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #59 of 71 Restaurants in Fort William
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I ate here last night. Service was fine, food was fine, harbour views were fine, bill was fine.
We will dine there again if we get the opportunity.

1  Thank Paul B

Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Plain rice cost £2.20! Unauthentic Chinese food, go somewhere else!
Wait forever for food to be served.

1  Thank robseet
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The restaurant was clean and service was fairly quick but the food was very uninspiring and lacklustre.

Have had an awful lot better but also, I suppose, had worse!

We tossed up between the Indian next door and this restaurant and I guess the coin came down on the wrong side.

2  Thank Sally R
Reviewed July 31, 2012

We went there for lunch and it was okay. From the front it looks better than inside, the tables in the rear have the advantage of a scenic view, but they look really old. Anyway, I know many Chinese restaurants looking a bit old, but the food is great in those places.
The food here was average. It tasted good, the chicken curry had a nice sauce, but not very much chicken. The soup beforehand was good. It was a good amount and regarding the special lunch prices it was okay, but I wouldn't pay more because it would be too expensive then!

1  Thank Dania D
Reviewed July 26, 2012

The views are lovely from this restaurant. The portions are large. We went for startes, duck course and mains which was too much. The service was a little eratic but incredibly friendly. It is a little pricy but it is the only option for chinese food which gives it a position of power. Overall I would suggest not listening to rumour and trying it yourself. The Salmon dish was truly delicious.

1  Thank CharltonEd