“Just Brilliant”

MacLean Guest House
Ranked #14 of 111 Fort William B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights on the 12th May it was a KGB deal. We were warmly met by Brandi who welcomed us and gave us lots of information on places to eat and places to visit.
She gave us a lovely room on the ground floor and offered to help us in with our luggage. The guest house is spotless and very tastefully decorated everything is very well finished to a very high standard.
Our breakfasts were lovely, nicely cooked and served by nice friendly polite girls.
The guest house was nice and central 5 minutes walk from town with everything near at hand
We couldn't fault Maclean guest house in any way and it's obvious that the owners take great pride in their establishment and it shows. We would highly recommend this lovely guest house.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for MacLean Guest House

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is my first ever review for trip advisor - I have always checked reviews, but have never felt strongly enough to write a review myself. That all changed when we arrived at the Maclean Guest House. We were a party of 9 walkers & they bent over backwards to accomodate all our wishes. What a lovely family. The rooms are spacious & very luxurious, the quality & cleanliness all live up to it's 5 star rating. Location is ideal in terms of the town & transport links and I would recommend to all.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Had a 2 night stay here in May 2013, lovely welcome from the owners. The room was very comfortable and the breakfast excellent. The Guest House is across from the station and is an ideal location for the main town - 5 min walk - and Glen Nevis - about 10 min walk to the start. I would highly recommend it.

Room Tip: We had a room at the back so it was very quiet
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Myself and my husband, and my daughter and her boyfriend thouroughly enjoyed our stay here. Lovely friendly people. beautiful house. spotless and faultless. fab breakfast and great service.We definetly hope to come back. I would highly recommend maclean guest house to all my family and friends and anyone else visiting fort william.We loved it. Thankyou very much brandi and mark and also your lovly friendly efficent waitress who kindly served us our delicous breakfast each morning.

Room Tip: We slept to rear of the house which was obviously quieter, as it sits on main road.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 7, 2013

After travelling for hours on the road my sister and I had to come up to visit our elderly relative in the hospital just down the road and was looking for a place to stay and we found the macleans house...what a find, mark and brandi, well what can I say....two very lovely people, very welcoming and friendly I would highly recommend a stay here. The twin room we stayed in was spotless and decorated beautiful nothing was too much trouble for them.....breakfast was great. I would definitely stay here again when next in the area, and would recommend to anybody.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 378AnnetteC
Reviewed April 5, 2013

Very friendly welcome, Rooms are spotlessly clean, lovely bathroom with power shower (after long drive its perfect) excellent service at breakfast and food was very filling. Never stayed in guest house before always opted for larger hotels but this is one place I would come back to if ever in area again. Does deserve all the great reviews its getting.

Room Tip: Room which face rear of building away from road for quietness
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Imacuser
Reviewed April 5, 2013

After having a eight hour ride in the rain my wife and I plus two other couples riding with us were warmly greeted by Mark and his wife, they helped us un pack and showed us there drying room for our wet clothing. All In all they could not do enough for us.when he told me at booking it were a big man breakfast he were not kidding.when we wanted to chill with a cheese and wine night they supplied us with wine glasses, side plates and a cheese board, we wanted for nothing ! If and I speak for six of us, if we could give this guest house 20 out of 10 we would, its that good.

• Stayed: March 2013