The owner’s unwillingness to compromise on the final bill and his unprofessional, impolite and improper behavior towards my family and myself directly affects this review.
In my original booking I was told I was getting two newly constructed rooms, for my family of 5. When we arrived the owner provided one new room and one old room on the 3rd floor attic that was not ready to rent. He gave our original reservation away to other travelers.
This attic room did not have a functional door lock, we used our suite case propped against the door and it did not have a functional shower, it provided only scalding hot water, also no telephone, the remote for the TV was missing, and the TV had to be viewed through the footboard. We asked for another room but there were none available.
Upon checking out the owner was unwilling to adjust the bill to my satisfaction for the room charge. He then would not accept the Visa card, he insisted on cash payment (i.e. all of my travelers checks) for payment because I told him I was going to dispute the room charge. He became very belligerent, insulting and slanderous to me and my family, even my daughters. He called the police insisting I was unwilling to pay my bill, which I was attempting to pay with my Visa. The police arrived and directed the owner to take my Visa, which he is contractually obligated to do. Which he finally did, only after holding my family and me up as long as possible so that we would miss our bus to Inverness, to make a connecting train to Edinburgh.
The experience with the owner was a NIGHTMARE and I would never recommend anyone stay at this facility.
There are several other facilities to choose from, Fort William is an excellent base for day trips. All the other people were kind and generous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lime Tree in the 1850 former Church Manse, is a 3 star Small Hotel, a fantastic Art Gallery and arts studio and an award winning fresh food Restaurant AA Two Rosette and Silver Eat Scotland Award overlooking Loch Linnhe in the centre of Fort William - the 'Outdoor Capital of the UK.' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and LateRooms so you can book your The Lime Tree reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lime Tree Hotel Fort William
- Lime Tree Fort William
- Lime Tree Hotel Fort William
- The Lime Tree Fort William, Scotland