We stayed here on the final day of our trip. I must admit that I was rather concerned by some of the reviews on here before arriving but our experience has been very positive.
The staff were very helpful and service was good throughout.
The room was a good size, the furniture is slightly eclectic but in a pleasant way. The bathroom was great - massive shower and fabulous roll top bath. The bed was comfortable. Very happy with the room
We eat in the restaurant that evening and it was very good, food and wine were excellent. Breakfast was nice.
The only slight downside was that the hotel was quite noisy - we could hear a lot of noise coming from guests across the hallway and coming up the stairs. This didn't stop us sleeping however - but if you are light sleeper you might was to ask about the best room to stay in for noise.
Overall I thought it was very good and I would to recommend. I would recommend the restaurant wherever you are staying in Fort William if you like like this kind of restaurant experience
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Lime Tree in the 1850 former Church Manse, is a 3 star Small Hotel, a fantastic Art Gallery and arts studio and an award winning fresh food Restaurant AA Two Rosette and Silver Eat Scotland Award overlooking Loch Linnhe in the centre of Fort William - the 'Outdoor Capital of the UK.' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your The Lime Tree reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Lime Tree Hotel Fort William
- Lime Tree Fort William
- Lime Tree Hotel Fort William
- The Lime Tree Fort William, Scotland