“LOCHS”

Ranked #14 of 21 Hotels in Fort William
wa7 6nn
“LOCHS”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Went on a five day turkey and tinsel with Alpha. Had a good journey to Scotland, Brian our driver very helpful and told us lots of information about all the sights, Hotel opposite the Loch and the views of the mountains was lovely. Couldnt fault the hotel our bedroom was very clean and warm and we had a big bathroom with plenty of hot water, we didnt have a view of the Loch but you only had to go outside to see it. The food was lovely and plenty of it the staff worked really hard and were pleasant. There was entertainment every night which we enjoyed . To get into Fort William it was a 3 mile walk along a busy road but there is a bus service and also local taxis which we used. I would go there again had a really good time.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank irenewrexham

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Polish first
Northumberland National Park, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 27, 2013

It’s quite a distance from the town (2.8 miles, to be precise), but for a one night stop on our way home, it did the job.

I noticed a damp and musty smell on the way through to the dining room, and there was a threadbare taped up carpet on one of the flights of stairs up to my room (there are no lifts), but other than that, I found no problems. Staff were friendly and helpful, and my room was clean and comfortable.

Mealtimes were strictly enforced, with notices up warning us what would happen if we disobeyed and went in early (we didn’t dare!). However, the food was good.

There is Bingo in the evenings, which I managed to avoid. I went to my room instead and made use of the fact that there is free Wifi on all floors.

One of the ladies on our coach who had booked a single room and had paid the supplement for a room overlooking the loch was disappointed to find when we got there that there are no single rooms with sea views, only double rooms.

Room Tip: If you can, get a room at the front of the hotel overlooking the loch.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank NUTMEG52
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Just returned from the Croit Anna hotel in Inverness. The hotel isn't new showing signs of wear and tear. However it is a budget hotel with stunning views in a beautiful setting. The staff were excellent as was the food and the service. Prior to going I read some terrible reviews for the Croit Anna and now to be perfectly honest I think that they are made by beer people with Champaign taste. We went with Edinburgh based Thistle Tours who are a new Edinburgh based company and they were excellent. The coach driver Frank was an absolute star.

Room Tip: Did not use fitness centre nor did it have a pool
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank sapper795
Ulverston, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Depending on who your coach driver is makes a big difference to the holiday. Our Alfa coach driver was from South Wales and in his own words "totally blind to the area"- great start to a holiday. The hotel was fine but the organization was very regimental especially as to meal times. Three miles out of town on a busy road its good that taxis only charge £6 into town as buses often run a little late. Scotland in autumn was amazing and travelling by coach is a great way to enjoy the views. Oban was lovely - shame a full day out was reduced to a couple of hours and the coach was very cold on boarding and took ages to warm up.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a view of the loch.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank FrancesCape5511
co. durham england
Reviewed October 4, 2013

such a lovely relaxed break,staff very informative and helpful,patricia our waitress at meals was delightful,hotel spotless, meals very good and an excellent choice.the area itself is beautiful and within reach of so much history,the view of loch linney is wonderful.

Room Tip: would have liked a ground floor.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank patCo_DurhamEngland
Oxford
Reviewed September 28, 2013

My stay at the Hotel was very enjoyable, very friendly, helpful staff, excellent value for money, but mostly, for returning my costume jewellery, which had fallen behind the case rack, at the Hotel.
I thought I had forgotten to bring with me, when I wanted to wear a necklace on holiday, till when I returned home, and it was missing.The jewellery was not of great money value, but very sentimental value, so I was so pleased to have it back, Thank you.
Regards Josie Byles

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Josie B
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 21, 2013

The hotel is situated on right beside Loch Linnhe. The view is absolutely fantastic. The rooms are very clean, and the staff extremely helpful, the receptionist helpd me with my heavy bags up to my room.

The food is nice traditional Scottish fair, which was a welcome break from all the fast food rubbish in Glasgow. Nice fish and tatties.

Breakfast was really wonderful, first time ever I had fish for breakfast, although I was overwhelmed by choice of a 3 course menu for breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo