All reviews national holidays shearings holiday driver steve shearings hotels evening entertainment dining room self drive coach trip weekend break loch view buffet breakfast front facing hotel staff great weekend reception area the ground floor coach parties
Selected filters
Reviewed June 3, 2019 via mobile

The Caledonian is a great hotel!
Standard but has everything needed for a wee trip and lovely staff

disappointed however with a couple of things.

The wifi is still only in public areas! Difficult when we don't get service in the

As of the room I'm an asthmatic and diabetic.
and it got incredibly hot!! To the point I was sweating and coughing. Not to include I had a diabetic hypo due to the heat also!

A fan was given on request!

Taking a shower last night and the bath tub was extremely slippy in which I slipped so as for safety I do think this should be rectified!

I would appreciate a personal email from yourself explaining why the room was so hot! and the fact it did affect my health issues and induce a hypo.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Bay Caledonian H, Assistant Manager at Bay Caledonian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear U748JC

Thank you for you review.

I am glad you enjoyed the hotel.

The wi-fi is only in the public areas with instructions and staff who can assist with getting connected.

I am however unable to reply to you personally as I am unaware of your booking details. If you are able to contact the hotel we would be more than happy to assist with your comments.

Regards

Reviewed May 22, 2019

Stayed here after walking Ben Nevis, never has the sight of a tiny bath been more welcome. The single rooms were small but spotless and loads of heat and hot water on demand.
Breakfast was excellent. Overall no complaints. I would say the hotel caters for an older cliental so the bar shut at 11.30pm on a Saturday night and the lobby / lounge was deserted from about 10.00pm .

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Bay Caledonian H, Assistant Manager at Bay Caledonian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2019

Dear Liampc67,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

Well done on your completion of Ben Nevis, a relaxing soak is very much needed after such a day.

Your comments will be passed to the kitchen team for their excellent breakfast.

Reviewed May 22, 2019

This is a recently refurbished hotel. It is very pleasant and in a wonderful position facing the Loch . The staff at reception were welcoming and cheerful, even though we arrived early due to not realising that Fort William was nearer than we thought. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. The hotel is situated in a handy position for visiting many places of interest, Ben Nevis and Glen Nevis were very near, and the town of Fort William very busy, with interesting shops.

Date of stay: March 2019

Dear Ron B,

Thank you for your review.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay.

Your kind comments will be passed to the staff and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Bay Caledonian Hotel.

Reviewed May 21, 2019

The saying you get what you pay for on this occasion is true. First impressions on entering are favourable with what looks like refurbished receiption and dining room.
Sadly after that our room was tatty with a badly stained and dirty carpet. Evenig meal had overcooked vegetables and burnt parsnips. the beef bourguignon was a unusuall recipe to what I was expecting. The meal looked and tasted .as it had been cooked and kept warm and was dried up. Our cold desert was served on warm plates.
Although we had booked and paid for 2 nights we left after just 1 night perferring to loose our money rather then stay a second night.
In the hotels defence it was not expensive, and my expections were perhaps to high. I am sure there are a lot of people who would be happy to stay here but sadly it was not for me.

Room tip: Rooms at front have views of loch

Dear Christine T

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment.

You are correct, that the reception area has been refurbished and we are still ongoing with the bedrooms.
Your comments regarding the food have been noted and will be investigated.

Reviewed May 17, 2019

Well presented room kept that way by daily maintenance. Excellent food in a well presented and run restaurant. and live entertainment to satisfy a wide range of tastes. The staff were friendly and always helpful and knew what they were there for and each did their job to the best extent.

1  Thank mikea25242
Bay Caledonian H, Assistant Manager at Bay Caledonian Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2019

Dear mikea25242

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay.

Your kind comments will be passed to all departments.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Bay Caledonian Hotel.