We spent five days here on a holiday with National Holidays in July. Our twin room was on the fourth floor, overlooking the loch. It was a very nice room, clean and nicely furnished. The bathroom was a very good size and very well finished with a daily change of towels. The breakfasts were very hearty with a good selection of choices and the evening meals were very good too. There was a choice of four options for each course and I was very happy with everything that I chose which was very well cooked and piping hot. All meals were waiter service and all of the waiters were very obliging and polite and helpful, particularly our waiter, Josef. The evening entertainment ( Ronnie on Monday and Paula on Thursday )was excellent and the bar prices were quite good. We thoroughly enjoyed our break and our lovely driver, Doug, contributed to this. Our only gripe was the weather (mist and rain while the rest of the country was basking in a heat wave ) but we were in Scotland and we couldn't hold anybody responsible!!! We would certainly recommend this hotel to anybody.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated directly opposite Loch Linnhe, you can admire the fantastic views of the beautiful surrounding wooded hills and mountains from this hotel. Along with the dining room and pleasant lounge area, all front facing rooms offer super views of the breathtaking Loch Linnhe. The comfortable lounge and ballroom host entertainment most nights, often with a distinct Scottish flavour which is perfect for unwinding after a day’s sightseeing or exploring. A number of rooms have been recently refurbished to increase the capacity at this popular hotel and there is a convenient lift that serves all floors. At nine miles long and over a mile wide and with Ben Nevis towering above, Loch Linnhe is one of Scotland’s natural treasures. The hotel is also just two miles south of the town centre of Fort William, known as the outdoor capital of Britain, and here you can explore the many small and interesting shops and museums. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz and Priceline so you can book your Bay Caledonian Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caledonian Fort William
- Caledonian Hotel Fort William
- Fort William Caledonian Hotel
- Bay Caledonian Hotel Fort William, Scotland