I have just returned from a trip to this hotel as part of a bus tour and was disappointed. The hotel itself is very tired and in need of a total revamp. The window frames require to be replaced and the décor is tired and dingy. The rooms were adequate but again required attention. Housekeeping is a bit lax in places. My Aunt found a sock sticking out from under the bed leading us to think that the room had not been attended thoroughly. The staff did offer to move my Aunt to another room which was on the third she declined as we booked as a family group and would have preferred to be near one another. The staff are mostly eastern European and very friendly and accommodating. The food was of a very good standard and in part saved the trip from being a total washout. The hotel states that it is in Fort Wiliam, it is a very good hike to the town so be prepared for a long walk or a £7.40 taxi ride there and back. The bar is very expensive and should review their pricing for alcoholic drinks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated directly opposite Loch Linnhe, you can admire the fantastic views of the beautiful surrounding wooded hills and mountains from this hotel. Along with the dining room and pleasant lounge area, all front facing rooms offer super views of the breathtaking Loch Linnhe. The comfortable lounge and ballroom host entertainment most nights, often with a distinct Scottish flavour which is perfect for unwinding after a day’s sightseeing or exploring. A number of rooms have been recently refurbished to increase the capacity at this popular hotel and there is a convenient lift that serves all floors. At nine miles long and over a mile wide and with Ben Nevis towering above, Loch Linnhe is one of Scotland’s natural treasures. The hotel is also just two miles south of the town centre of Fort William, known as the outdoor capital of Britain, and here you can explore the many small and interesting shops and museums. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Bay Caledonian Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caledonian Fort William
- Caledonian Hotel Fort William
- Fort William Caledonian Hotel
- Bay Caledonian Hotel Fort William, Scotland