All reviews browns restaurant modern hotel two double beds fantastic hotel night porter hotel restaurant busy road no lift breakfast was included stayed one night up to date good size train station west highland way comfortable rooms comfortable stay an evening meal
Selected filters
Reviewed March 26, 2018

Stayed 2 nights when skiing at Nevis Range. Checkin was quick and the girl showed us to our room explaining how things worked. Our room was nice and big, very clean with lots of storage, bathroom was also a decent size. We had dinner in the hotel restaurant both nights and enjoyed great service and lovely food, the breakfast was also excellent.
Takes you about 10 to 15 minutes to walk to town centre. The only thing that could be better is if there was a few more seats at the bar area, ok when we stayed as not to busy but in the summer wouldn't be enough room for everyone.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alta-Monza
Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here during some very cold weather in November and it was great. Nice and warm in the hotel and the rooms with adjustable heating available.

I didn't get chance to try the breakfast as I had to be up early for the train back to Glasgow but the rate I got including breakfast was very reasonable.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2018

We stayed one night at this very lovely small hotel, which looked very new, modern, well designed, with a beautiful restaurant attached where we enjoyed the open fire, great food and very warm friendly staff.
The room appeared very smart, spotless, and comfortable, but a couple of real irritations; sitting at the dressing table, the hairdryer cord did not reach to the mirror and in any case the mirror was too high or the chair too low, for me to see in it. Many of us are not tall people! Also the entire tea tray had to be removed from its pull out shelf and placed on the dressing table as the kettle appeared to be fixed to the tray, and there was no other plug nearby - quite tricky to do. The third thing was the bath plug, which was directly below the jet of water, the pressure from which opened the rotating plug- and my husband had to hold the plug in place with very hot water pouring over his hands.
In an otherwise outstanding hotel, which we would happily use again, these are signs that management have not actually used the rooms and discovered these things for themselves....Great locality, fabulous food, wonderful scenery, fix the little things!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jane H
Reviewed March 15, 2018

Easy Check-In, Nice Room, Breakfest Included, Dinner at Browns was tasty.
Really great value hotel. Don’t let the upgraded roadside motel look dissuade you from staying here. The customer service was top notch as well as the free buffet/menu order breakfest. Hard to find this level of quality for the very reasonable price elsewhere. I would definitely stay here again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 15, 2018

Friendly staff. My first impressions of this hotel were great. The lady at reception showed me to my room and explained everything I needed to know. The room was nice and spacious, clean and tidy. The only downside I would say is the TV was very small. I had breakfast the next day which was cooked to order (eggs benedict) which was very nice. Overall very happy. I would stay again.

• Trip type: Traveled on business