“Glad to see it open again”
Review of Cafe Beag - CLOSED

Cafe Beag
Cuisines: Scottish, British, Cafe
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Cafe Beag Tea Room & Deli provides a warm and friendly welcome for visitors to Glen Nevis. We serve tasty lunchtime food and snacks as well as tea, coffee and cakes throughout the day. Our home baking and Italian espresso is sure to revive even the most weary traveller!
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Warm welcome, reasonable food, comfortable seating nice to see it open again, but average, would most likely return if in the Glen again

1  Thank 13Anon13

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We came here after a walk up to Steall Falls and to be honest the food was ok. I had a Venison burger which was big and meaty and came with plenty of chips. There wasn't the largest selection of food but what there was all looked edible and was always a big portion, which is just what you need after a days walking in the Glen or up Ben Nevis.
I have to say the service was excellent and if I did like cakes from what I could see the homemade ones looked excellent and again came in very large slices for a reasonable price.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I have been staying on the excellent Glen Nevis Campsite approximately 3 out of 4 weeks since March this year.

I was delighted to discover Café Beag open this year and have visited it most days and had a variety of different meals and met friends many times for lunch.

The good plain home cooked food is excellent. I have enjoyed coffee and cake or scone outside in the summer sun and also the music nights in the café that have been held every few weeks.

Early on in the camping season I went in for lunch and had no idea what Cullen Skink was…. I asked and a portion was given for me to try. It is now a firm favourite at lunchtime!

When it is on the menu the homemade tomato soup is honestly the best I have ever tasted – on cold days sat looking at the log burning stove with a bowl of soup there is no place I would rather be.

The cakes…. What can I say! A great variety, all home baked and all supposedly calorie free! I have tried them all and have often bought a variety to bring back to my van. Café Beag cheesecake is also a favourite…

Café Beag is wheelchair/disabled friendly and on the occasion my husband has wanted to go with me it is very easy to get in with his wheelchair and he is comfortable and there is plenty of room.

John and Alison and all the staff are very friendly. Nothing is too much trouble.

One of the things I have noticed over the last few months is the regular customers…. The locals, it is not only holiday makers that use this café. Every week I see familiar faces.

Sadly for me the camping season is coming to a close and my days of enjoying coffee and cake and other food are on the countdown to ending….. until March 2014

Reviewed October 7, 2013

As a local to fort William I recently had dinner with a group of friends at cafe beag, and was very disappointed, the menu consisted of around seven basic dishes, mac and cheese fish and chips, scampi, steak pie etc, basic food I make every night of the week at home! nothing special what so ever, the meal was tasty enough however after waiting an hour and a half to get it I would of eaten a scabby horse and enjoyed it. We were basically thrown out at the end of the night, staff were leaving before we were. Would certainly never return here!

3  Thank Lizzi87
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We were staying the local hostel (50 yards up the road) for two nights which was cheap and cheerful, luckily we came across this restaurant on the 1st night and found it very hard to leave, the food was excellent and very reasonably price, with a hospitality that made you feel as though you were in a home from home. Would highly recommend and will be visiting again.

thanks