“over priced”
Review of Imperial Hotel

Imperial Hotel
Ranked #18 of 21 Hotels in Fort William
Reviewed June 19, 2014

hard bed smallroom with a view of a wall over priced! Your paying for the location
breakfast was ok, evening meal expensive for what you got, no lift and lots of stairs
friendly staff was its only good point
better nights sleep at a premier inn

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Imperial H, General Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide your comments following your stay at our hotel. We apologise that your experience was not to your expectations on this first occasion that you chose to stay with us.

We are pleased to advise that since your stay, we have considerably improved on the matters you have referred to and we hope to welcome you and back to the hotel in the near future for delightful experience.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel for your recent stay.

Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Imperial Hotel

Reviewed June 19, 2014 via mobile

The window opens to kitchen exhaust and we got the smell of curry all night.
Otherwise room is clean and has a good size of standing shower.
The mattress is extremely poor quality and that's where they have failed my expectations. It was hard to sleep on a 5" mattress.
Breakfast was good. Hot breakfast is prepared upon order.
Location is great too.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank shefpat

Dear Guest,

Thank you for submitting your concern with regards to your recent stay at Best Western Imperial hotel and we offer you our sincere apologies that we couldn't meet your expectations. We strive in providing best possible services to each of our guests so that they can enjoy their stay at our establishments
we have taken your observations into considerations and we will do our best in using this feedback as an improvement so that each of the future guests can have a nice and enjoyable stay.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 01397 702040.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

I would say that this is not a bad hotel, but there is nothing special about it, and it seems difficult to recommend it. Nicely located if you are travelling by train was the most postitive thing. The biggest disappointment was the breakfast, although we left the hotel at 7.30 am when only continental breakfast was available (without bread for some reason and we received coffee only on request).

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank HKTHelsinki

Reviewed June 6, 2014

We stayed here last weekend whilst my husband completed the City to Summit Ironman and it really was an awful end to what had been a fantastic 4 days in Scotland.
Upon arrival, I was shown to our room - had trouble getting through the door with the bags as there is a desk right inside and the room was smaller than a postage stamp! Honestly, it was tiny. So I threw the curtains open to enjoy the view and was greeted with a metal staircase and someone looking right in the window as they passed! Curtains drawn quickly again, I 'explored' the rest of the room...didn't take long...the bathroom had shower,sink and toilet so all fine there but the noise from the fan was horrific. There was also a terrible smell of Indian food and the smells and sounds coming up from the kitchen below meant you couldn't have the window open. Which was a shame as the room was boiling!!! I asked at reception to move rooms but was told no and given a tiny little fan. Which made more noise than a jumbo taking off. However, it did come in handy for me to dry my hair with the next morning as there was no hair dryer!! Every cloud.....

Not being able to bear staying in the room I headed out to watch the end of the race and get some fresh air.
On arrival back, we couldn't park in the designated spots as all were full so had to leave our car in the public car park over the road. You need a code to get in after 11 but we didn't need to use it as there was a large group of youths hanging around outside smoking and they let us in, past the huge ashtray of stinky fag ends which they had in the entrance lobby.
Hubby did not appreciate the stairs after his exertions (there are no lifts) and neither of us appreciated the fire alarm going off at 2am, the fact that you can hear every footstep on the creaky stairs and the rooms above, the extremely loud and inconsiderate guests talking right outside our room at 7am on a Sunday, or the cleaner hoovering outside at 8am!!
In the morning we received no explanation or apology for the alarm, were made to pay extra for breakfast when we had been assured by our booking agent that it had been included and no apology when asked if we had had a nice stay and we explained our issues. The response was 'Oh'.
Terrible hotel and service, terrible car parking and very loud and smelly. I appreciate that if you get a nice room it might not be so bad, so avoid room 6 at all cost!!!!!

Room Tip: Avoid Room 6! Tiny, smelly, view of a metal staircase and walls and extremely noisy as other guest w...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jaxf1
Imperial H, General Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Reviewed May 31, 2014

I stayed here on business for one night. My room was modern and very comfortable. I had a good night's sleep, save for being disturbed by passing traffic particularly in the morning. My room was towards the back of the hotel (not facing the Loch). I was sleeping with the window open, because it was warm enough to do so. That will not always be the case in Highland Scotland. and the noise was much reduced when I shut the windows shortly before leaving. I ate in the Italian restaurant and enjoyed at good meal. Breakfast the following morning was also good. Through my stay the staff were attentive and very helpful. There are no lifts which I was informed on check-in, when I was also offered help to carry any bags to my room.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Stephen H
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Typical clean hotel, other than the fact there are no lifts! Fine for me, but a real drawback if you are infirm. Staff were very helpful - advised that there were no lifts (I was on the 2nd floor) and offered to carry my luggage.
The room TV has an unusual controller and it just kept telling me that there was no signal. After staff popped up to sort it, I found that the 'prev ch' button alternated between terrestrial (no signal) and digital (ok).
On the second night the WiFi played up and I was left with a choice of working without WiFi whilst the electronics were on charge, or going downstairs for a signal while they discharged.
My deal for a single room was £79 - supposedly a special buy. The room was clean and adequate, with the En Suite being almost as big!
I didn't dine at the hotel so am unable to comment as to the evening fare. breakfast was certainly adequate although no sign of the lovely Stornoway Black Pudding.
In all the hotel was of a typical standard, had friendly helpful staff (although occasionally difficult to locate) and was fine for a couple of nights.

Room Tip: If you are infirm request the lowest floors as there are no lifts
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed May 24, 2014

We stayed here for four nights as part of a coach trip of 47 people. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable with a good hospitality tray no view but was only in the room for a short while and whilst sleeping. The food was excellent as we were a group we didn't have the choice from the main menu but there was a choice for every course the meals were excellent and hot and the breakfast was plentiful and good. Our only let down was the power of the shower it was almost none existent but this did not spoil the stay. Would stay at this hotel again if in the Fort William area. The review would have been excellent but the problem with the shower let it down.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pamanntow
Imperial H, General Manager at Imperial Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
We are absolutely delighted by your wonderful review of our hotel. Thank you so much for your very positive feedback about the exceptional customer service of staff, and the great food at our hotel.
Your review has been truly motivational for the management and the team who really feel positive when their efforts are recognised by valued guests such as yourself.
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive feedback and we look very forward to welcoming you back in the near future
In the meantime if there is anything we can do to assist you please do not hesitate to contact us directly at 01397 702040 or please email me at kanish.mahajan@sgehotels.com

kind Regards