“Great food, great pricing idea, ok if you drink lager or Guinness”
Review of Tavern Cafe Bar

Tavern Cafe Bar
Ranked #5 of 68 Restaurants in Fort William
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: At the Tavern a warm welcome, fantastic food and a great selection of wines, spirits, beers, soft drinks and coffee is always guaranteed!Located on Fort William High Street, the Tavern offers quality Gastropub style food. We offer lunch and evening meal menus.The Tavern is a popular destination for visitors and locals 12 months of the year. Our Head Chef takes great pride in sourcing local fresh produce which is prepared from fresh when you order.
“Great food, great pricing idea, ok if you drink lager or Guinness”
Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

On the evenings its open, its well worth a visit. On Thursday to Saturday, the price is the time you arrive. Very efficient staff, quick service and an ok menu. Nice buzzy atmosphere. Just leaving as the live musician was starting on Saturday, which was a shame, but we were tired.

• Polish first
york
“nice wee place”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My fiancee and i stayed in FortWilliam for 2 days passing through, misersable weather and not much going on!. We nipped in to the Tavern on Thursday for a coffee after lunch as we didnt find much more to do!. We saw the food going out and wished we'd found this place earlier!. We were told about 'beat the clock' which is on in the evening, we decided to go for this on Friday and what a lovely meal we had the food was very nicely presented espesially the fajitas!. The atmosphere was great, there was a large party in enjoying themselves, the waitresses were lovely, when i saw these last two reviews, i cant believe its the same place as we visited twice and will be back and recommend! Lovely people, food and its always nice when the toilets are clean.

• Visited November 2012
glenshee
“Very expensive low value food”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

My partner and I ate here while on a walking holiday in Fort William and we ordered 2 starters each and a glass of wine each.
The starters were not very large portions and were fairly un-appetising and we felt that the total price of £29 was not very good value when taking in to account the portion sizes and the quality of the food.

Visited November 2012
Fort William, United Kingdom
“haven't seen service this bad in ages..”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Went there specifically because I needed a place with Wi-Fi where I could sit for a few hours and have a bite to eat and something to drink. I haven't been there before, because the prices seemed too high, but decided to go anyway and hoped to compensate for that with free Wi-Fi.
Boy, was I wrong to ever step foot in that place!

I started off with chips, onion rings and a latte, I was planning to order more food after a while. The waitress taking my order was so indifferent that I felt like I had done something to cause her bad mood - it wouldn't hurt to smile every once in a while, dear!

After placing my order, I tried to connect to their Wi-Fi, there were NO networks to connect to (couldn't detect any with my phone or laptop) - I mentioned this to the waitress, she offered me the password multiple times and told me to 'give it a minute'. I really didn't have much use of the password since there was nowhere to enter it :S
After about 15 minutes I managed to mention the problem to another waitress (she seemed a bit nicer) who didn't seem to be that bothered about it either. Another 15 minutes later she came over and mentioned that someone from a sister-pub was coming over to fix the problem. It didn't get fixed in the hour or so that I spent there.
In the mean time I had gotten my food, which wasn't too bad, but the beer battered onion (rings) were dripping of oil, couldn't eat more than a third of them. The prices were quite high considering the lackluster service and not that homely atmosphere.

After waiting for another ~20 minutes with no change, I tried to get the attention of the waitress again to get my bill and a take-away box for my onion rings - that took about 10 minutes of waving and coughing and staring..
I paid my bill and got out of there as fast as I could- definitely wouldn't recommend this place, there are much nicer places with much better service, not to mention Wi-Fi, in Fort William..

• Visited October 2012
Wymondham, United Kingdom
“Fast service”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stopped here for an evening meal in Fort William. Hadn't booked but there was plenty of space so we had a choice of tables. Food was delicious and served quite quickly. I had the Cullen Skink to start which was really lovely and the lasagne for main course served with a side salad and warm chiabatta bread. It was a lovely meal and not over-priced. Staff were friendly and efficient.

• Visited September 2012