“Excellent light lunch”

Inverlochy Castle Hotel
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Fort William
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in hoping for lunch. We were warmly welcomed in the car park and given a choice of places to have lunch! We chose the drawing room with it's lovely views over the hills.
Our soup was delicious and the salad that followed truly gorgeous. I really loved my cream tea with beautiful warm scones. Service was great friendly and attentive. The hotel decor is fabulous, check out the ceiling in the main hall. A beautiful castle.

• Stayed: November 2012
InverlochyCastle, Manager at Inverlochy Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind words on your recent visit for lunch at Inverlochy. We’re glad you took the opportunity to stop in whilst on your travels. Thank you once again and we hope to be able to welcome you once more in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Jane Watson,
Hotel Manager,
Inverlochy Castle Hotel

Reviewed October 23, 2012

My son and I recently stayed at the Inverlochy Castle Hotel whilst touring the Highlands. From the moment our private guide drove us into the estate, we knew that we had arrived at a superb destination; and how right we were. You are greeted as if you are royalty by exceptionally warm and friendly staff. The hotel is simply superb. The main function rooms are magnificently decorated (you could easily feel as though you are at Balmoral Castle) and the bedroom we had was pure luxury. We had a view of the nearby loch and the huge bathroom was wall to wall carpeted making it feel warm and cosy. The room had all the mod-cons (e.g.complimentary wifi, flat-screen TV etc) that you'd expect in a modern 21st Century hotel. The cuisine was sublime. We had a delicious dinner, where the food was beautifully served and presented. It was preceded by drinks and canapes in one of the lounges where a pianist was playing. Coffee was served in another lounge with after-dinner chocolates. The next morning, we had a full Scottish breakfast -wonderful! This hotel, its surrounds, service, rooms, cuisine and atmosphere make it a haven for a peaceful retreat in what must surely be one of the most beautiful settings in the world. I cannot recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank ProudlySA7
InverlochyCastle, Manager at Inverlochy Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Thank you for your kind review. It was a pleasure to welcome you and your son to Inverlochy Castle and I am happy to hear how you enjoyed the hotel and all it has to offer, I sincerely hope we may welcome you both back in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I've only been here for tea in their lovely drawing room, but its the best place I've ever been to in Scotland for such things. The view is amazing, the tea is great, and presented beautifully - the only place I know with crocheted tea cosies (not naff, honest!) and a pot of hot water, tea strainer and the works get brought out when you ask for tea) The shortbread was pretty good too - 3 different sorts, although that at the Bunchrew house hotel wins my accolade for best Shortbread in Scotland (and believe me I have tested extensively!). The loos are very grand, and the flower arrangements around the public areas wonderful too. Have dropped by for tea several times and alwas been delighted. I think I might feel a little uncomfortable if I was there in jeans and trainers - its a beautiful place, with beautiful views.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

I am pleased to read you have taken the time to stop at Inverlochy Castle many times and relax in our beautiful drawing room. We certainly are lucky to be surrounded in some amazing scenery. We welcome such a wide variety of guests for afternoon tea, from hikers trekking through the amazing scenery to families dressed in their finest for a special occasion.
Our in house florist Gail takes care of all the flower arrangements throughout the castle which I feel adds that extra bit of glamour. I look forward to welcoming you back for tea again soon.

Kind regards
Jane Wason

Reviewed October 14, 2012

I would give this a five star rating if it didn't have carpeting in the bathroom - ew! We had a beautiful suite overlooking the incredible scenery in the area. Overall the staff and food were lovely. Every evening, cocktails in the drawing room with an attentive staff, where you order your dinner. You are called in to the dining room when the meal is ready to be served. Breakfast was wonderful, the staff was very helpful in recommending the day's activities. Absolutely beautiful setting.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. With so many great activities and beautiful places to visit in the area the staff here are always happy to offer advice or assist in planning your day. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Inverlochy Hotel is my favorite hotel in all of Europe. I feel as if I am the lady of the manor each time we visit. The grounds are full of lush, green, gently rolling green hills and stately evergreens. The rooms are elegant, but extremely comfortable. The staff is courteous without too much interference. The cuisine served in the jacket and tie required restaurant is fresh, Scottish fare with European influences. Their Michelin star is well deserved. Visiting the hotel is a chance to get away from the demands of work and truly relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery, relax in elegance and revel in the Scottish Highlands.

My first response to "where do you want to spend vacation?," is "Inverlochy Castle!"

Room Tip: I love the Queen's Suite.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DinLBC
InverlochyCastle, General Manager at Inverlochy Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Thank you for your kind review, with so many familiar faces that have stayed with us again and again over the years, it is always a pleasure to welcome back returning guests such as yourselves.
I also completely agree that the queen suite is a real treat where you can relax and feel like the lady of the manor.
I look forward you welcoming you back again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed September 25, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for a weekend to celebrate our wedding anniversary and it's one of the best places we've ever stayed in. It fully lives up to it's reputation. What sets it apart from almost every other comparable place is the impeccable service we received; despite being far from their usual 'standard' of guest, we were made to feel that as we had spent a not inconsiderable sum of money to stay, we were as welcome as any of the celebrities or millionaires who have been known to frequent this fine old establishment. In fact, the standard of hospitality was so unpretentious that it totally eclipsed some of the supposed 'high-class' hotels that we've experienced around the world (and many of which we have vowed never to return to, due to their condescending attitudes). By contrast, the staff at Inverlochy were attentive without being intrusive, friendly without being overly familiar, and considerate without being patronising.

If you are a 'normal' person who wants to experience how the rich really expect to be treated, I would strongly recommend that you save up for a long weekend at the Inverlochy Castle. It might cost you the equivalent of a week in Spain, but it will be an experience you'll never forget!

Room Tip: They've only got about 16 rooms and I doubt any of them are inferior.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Paul E

I am delighted to read the lovely review you wrote about your stay here at Inverlochy Castle. I’m glad you chose to spend such a special occasion here and that you felt as special as every other guest who stays. Inverlochy Castle welcomes such a wide variety of people through its doors and I sincerely hope they all feel as welcome as the next. I look forward you welcoming you and your wife back to the Castle in the near future.

Kind regards.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I gave a "poor" because of the excellent restaurant, otherwu The hotel seems to be lost in the past. The manager who was always there, was very impolite, the laundry service was awful, I lost a pair of pants because they washed it inadequately. The lobby is kind of old and needs some urgent refurbishment. The pictures are taken in such a way that the awful chimney of the kitchen is hidden by the trees. If you are going to the region stay at the Cameron House. Much nicer and with better service.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PAMTF
InverlochyCastle, Manager at Inverlochy Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

I am deeply saddened to hear you didn’t enjoy your experience at Inverlochy Castle. I only wish you had expressed your feelings to a member of the management team during your stay and we would have done everything we could to improve it. I certainly was not aware of any problems with the laundry service as I would have addressed that myself. I would like to invite you to contact me direct to discuss your experience further at janewatson@inverlochy.co.uk

Kind Regards

#14 of 21 in Fort William
RiverBeds Luxury Wee Lodges
RiverBeds Luxury Wee Lodges
#1 of 3 in Ballachulish

Been to Inverlochy Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!