Inverlochy Castle Hotel
Nevis Bank Inn(Fort William)
$251
$205
$140
Bay Caledonian Hotel(Fort William)
$81
  • Bar/Lounge
Alexandra Hotel(Fort William)
$170
$94
  • Restaurant
Clan Macduff Hotel(Fort William)
$123
  • Breakfast included
Bank Street Lodge(Fort William)
$166
Cruachan Hotel(Fort William)
$123
$108
  • Breakfast included
$104
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Fort William(Fort William)(Great Value!)
$61
Travelodge
Highland Hotel(Fort William)
  • Restaurant
All reviewswalled gardendrawing roomtasting menujunior suiteprivate homeclay pigeon shootingthe hotel managerdining roomluxury hotelpublic roomsben nevismemorable stayeach eveningloch nessisle of skyestunning viewsporridge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 18, 2012

The Inverlochy Castle Hotel is one of the worlds finest. For a perfectly luxurious stay surrounded by the beautiful Scottish Highlands I cannot recommend a finer venue. We stayed earlier this year and dinned twice in the fantastic Michelin Starred restaurant like royalty. Our room had beautiful view across the grounds, the roaring fire in the hall, magical. Thoroughly recommended, expensive but when absolute luxury is a must, there is no better venue than Inverlochy.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jeremy_hartigan
InverlochyCastle, Manager at Inverlochy Castle Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind review. I always enjoy hearing how our guests felt like royalty. I will pass your kind comments on to the rest of the staff and I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you need a bit of luxury.

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Inverlochy Castle offers a quintessential country house experience. From the moment we turned through the gate into the beautifully tended grounds until we left four days later, we experienced graciousness in the finest sense of the word, at every level. We have had the pleasure of staying at some of the finest hotels in Europe; this one rates right at the top for me. Unlike many "castle" hotels where the common areas are beautifully decorated but somehow cold or imposing -- thus sit empty most of the time -- the two reception rooms here invited one to sit and relax, enjoy the fire in the grate, a cup of coffee (or glass of whiskey) or the spectacular views from the soaring windows. And they were used this way, creating a congenial atmosphere. The furnishings were comfortable, of high quality (in a classical style), well maintained, and just lovely. Meals were exceptional and served by very pleasant young women who seemed genuinely concerned about answering your every want. (For those who stay several nights, a rotating menu might have been nice.) The pianist and harpist who played during dinner hours added a wonderful touch. Both were very good and thoroughly enjoyable.

A small wedding took place one day, and in contrast to some of our experiences elsewhere, efforts were made to ensure a wonderful experience for the bride and her party but not at the expense of the other guests. I tend to be a fairly harsh (discerning?) critique. That said, Inverlochy Castle is a hit.

Room Tip: Our room, the Queen's suite (#1), was gorgeous, huge, nicely decorated. Magical views, even from the bathroom! Through a scheduling snafu (no fault of the hotel), we had to change rooms on our last night. Our second room, #7, a superior double I believe, was nice and comfortable, but no comparison to the Queen's suite. Had the windows been better situated in the room, I would have been perfectly happy with it. (Connection with and view from windows are among my highest priorities.)
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hoh_11

I would like to first say thank you for your kind and descriptive review. The way you described your experience is exactly what we strive to deliver to all guests who stay with us here at Inverlochy. From the friendly staff to the warm fire I am extremely proud of all we have to offer here and all the members of staff here are all a real asset, including Isabel and Krissy the waitresses who took care of you during your stay. I hope we may all welcome you back to Inverlochy castle in the future.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

This is my 1st time here, but our family traveling with us had been here before.

They had me at "Hello, Welcome to Inverlochy Castle!". The hotel and grounds were grand but not imposing. Very quiet relaxing and beautiful. The rooms were well appointed and beautifully decorated. Each one is different. The staff was very attentive and friendly. Food was fabulous!

It was a real treat to stay here and we all felt like royalty. Highly recommend if you want a special place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Ksligh

Thank you for your kind review, I’m glad you decided to come to the Castle with your family and that you enjoyed your time here so much. I look forward to welcoming you all back again soon.

Reviewed September 15, 2012

From the moment we arrived, we knew we were in for a treat. The manager was lovely, as were all the staff. So friendly and helpful. Our room was amazing, so special and the food was splendid. Thanks so much Inverlochy for making our trip so memorable. We will not forget it in a long while.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Botanic13

I pleased to hear you had such a memorable experience here at Inverlochy Castle and I would like to say thank you for sharing this in such a kind review. I hope you will return to stay with us in the future.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Inverlochy was our second stop after gleneagles. This was more like it for us, similar to Gleneagles in many ways but more private, posher without being grand, and smaller so we didn't feel lost in the place. Nice staff, dinner okay but again over cheffed food - why can't they just cook it, without resorting to airs and foams and jellies and god knows what else? I suppose it's done to justify 67 quid per person.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank David B

I’m happy to hear you appreciated to private and exclusive atmosphere the Castle has to offer. I’m sorry you didn’t enjoy the style of food prepared in the Michelin star Restaurant. Chef is always happy to prepare dishes suited to individual guest’s preferences. I hope you will return in the future and don’t be shy to ask to speak to our head Chef Phillip so he may prepare you something more suited to your tastes.