“Very Special!”

Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Fort William
Los Angeles, California
“Very Special!”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Love, love, love Inverlochy Castle! So nice and elegant, but not stuffy at all. The drive up to the castle took my breath away! Jane greeted us and checked us in, then gave us a tour of the castle. Our room, Glencoe was beautiful! It was huge and elegantly decorated. The bathroom was nice, but the shower was tiny. Our view was spectacular-overlooking the back grounds, the cows and pond. We could even hear the cows mooing in the meadow! There were menus in the room, and we called in our order before we went downstairs for pre-dinner drinks and canapes. We ordered the tasting menu with wine pairings. All the staff were friendly and there was nothing we couldn't ask for. We had a beautiful table by the window in the lovely dining room. Most of the tables were filled. The food was excellent! It was lovely to watch the sunset while enjoying a delicious dinner in such an elegant setting. After dinner, we had coffee in the drawing room while listening to live piano music. It was fun talking with other guests-turns out we were all from California! The grounds are beautifully manicured and so pretty. The walled garden was a little wild, and it looked like a working garden where we saw herbs and produce growing, along with flowers. There is a billiard room with a pool table for guests' use. Breakfast was all made to order and delicious. We had Scottish pancakes and the basket of croissants and pastries were to die for! I have to mention that we needed to have some things shipped home, as our bags were getting too full. Inverlochy Castle staff took care of everything for us. The package was waiting for us at home when we arrived 2 weeks later. And to our surprise and delight, the 2 umbrellas and bottle of perfume that we left in our room was also in the package. Thank you so much! I could go on and on about Inverlochy Castle and it's staff, but I'll let you be the judge-Inverlochy Castle is a must stay if you're traveling to the Fort William area. I'll definitely return! We had a 2 night stay and it wasn't enough. We loved the food so much that we ate in the dining room both nights! We had the most memorable stay.

Room Tip: We loved our room-Glencoe
2 Thank Jennifer L
InverlochyCastle, Manager at Inverlochy Castle Hotel, responded to this review, July 18, 2012
Thank you very much first of all for taking the time to share your very valued comments on Trip Advisor. It is always very welcome to read when a guest has enjoyed their stay as much as you have. We do indeed aim our standards very high so I am truly delighted we managed to deliver to your expectations. No request is too much for us, so sending some of your luggage back home along with the items you left behind by mistake was our pleasure.

We will look forward to your return visit in the near future. Thank you again for your beautiful comments.

Best wishes and kind regards,

Inverlochy Castle Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
The Highlands
Reviewed July 9, 2012

For our Ruby Anniversary the whole family went to Inverlochy Castle Hotel near Fort William for a couple of nights. What a treat! From the moment we walked in to the time we left we were made so welcome and we were thoroughly pampered in sheer comfort and luxury. The food was superb (the Head Chef took us into the kitchen to decide what we wanted cooked for our celebration meal) and they even set up a table in a private room and gave us two complimentary bottles of champagne. We were in a junior suite whose size and decor was stately and yet comfortable. I have never stayed in a room where, once you closed the door, you never heard a sound....until now! So restful. It is expensive but for a special treat worth every penny.What price memories!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank TheHighlandsCrofter
, Manager at Inverlochy Castle Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
I am pleased you chose Inverlochy Castle for such a special occasion, as I understand you and your family also chose one of our sister properties to celebrate a special birthday. Your continued support is so very welcome and we are proud that we were able to meet your expectations for both celebrations. It goes without saying that we will very much look forward to welcoming you back to Inverlochy Castle or any of our other properties in the future.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 25, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here one night. We had fun playing the lawn chess game in the beautiful surroundings! Our room was lovely, although it was a little warm with no air conditioning. They did give us a fan. Dinner was good as well. What a special place.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank cjg2901
, Manager at Inverlochy Castle Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for your kind review, I am so pleased to hear you and your daughter enjoyed your time here together. It is not too often one can say Fort William is too warm! I hope to welcome you both back in the near future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 22, 2012

This hotel never ceases to amaze us with it's superb ambivalence and it's eye for detail to make their guests feel special.
The service is impeccable  and nothing is too much trouble.
Our waitress was Russian and such a charming and delightful person.
the food is superbly cooked. The rest of the staff are most attentive.
It's not cheap but eating there is a dining experience. The souffle I had for dessert was yummy.
The bedrooms are sumptuous and lavish.
The grounds and gardens are full of rhododendron trees which are wonderful in June.

Room Tip: Any room on the first floor
, Manager at Inverlochy Castle Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
I am so proud to hear how much you enjoyed your stay here at Inverlochy Castle. I have passed on your lovely comments to Krissy who was your waitress during your stay. I also absolutely agree the gardens are a sight to be seen when the rhododendrons are in full bloom.

I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Fraserburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2012

After giving birth to our daughter 3 1/2months ago, my Fiance and I were looking forward to getting away.Last place we stayed at was Cameron House, but i was heavily pregnant then, so didnt really get the good of that weekend away though may i add was a lovely place. So after seeing an article in our local paper, and that it was a Michelin star restaurant, (perfect for my Fiance being an ex-chef)we managed to book the Princes Suite, this being the only suite available. The Suite was perfect! The views are beautifull and with both of us being the romantics we are, the whole setting/idea of Inverlochy Castle, was just that. We loved the fact it is so remote and it wasnt over run with loads of guests coming and going and rushing around, like some hotels we've been to. We found it such a lovely laid back atmosphere and considering that some of the people staying there were probably from more priviliged backgrounds to ourselves, it never felt like we were any less important. All our needs were seen to. If i had to complain about something, it would be our suite, which wasnt serviced on Saturday morning. After arriving back at 2pm, our breakfast table was still there,and our bed wasnt made up and our bins were not emptied. We were looking forward to an afternoon nap when we arrived back, but had to go away again untill the suite had been serviced. We were told they were busy, which is fair enough, but we have stayed at many places which have cost less and just as lovely and always had our suite serviced, and those places have had more rooms to cater for. So that was the only fault we could say we had on such a fantastic weekend away.
The food was beautiful., Our dinner on Saturday night was amazing, as was our dinner to our room on Friday night, which comes presented perfectly. All staff that we met were friendly and polite. The breakfasts we had both mornings were really nice(Eggs benedict, perfect) Was expecting such a place to be a wee bit on the snobby/stuffy side, considering the clientele that stays there and some of the more 'distinguished' guests, so was happy to find out it was the complete opposite. We were made very welcome, was lovely and relaxed all weekend. Just shows you dont have to be a VIP guest or a celebrity to be well looked after!
Was a special weekend for us, and choosing Inverlochy Castle was just the perfect place!
Would definately choose Inverlochy Castle to stay at again!!

, Manager at Inverlochy Castle Hotel, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Firstly may I say big congratulations on the birth of your daughter, speaking from experience I imagine she is growing quickly and time is racing by! I am so pleased you were able to appreciate the relaxed, quiet, romantic atmosphere Inverlochy Castle has to offer and although we already discussed during your stay the absolutely unacceptable oversight of your room not being serviced on Sunday morning, I would like to again offer my most sincere apologies. I am glad you enjoyed your special weekend and we all look forward to your return.

Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 17, 2012

Both myself and my now fiancee, had a wonderful stay for the night. I booked it to celebrate getting engaged and it was the perfect way to top off a fantastic day.

From the moment we arrived until the moment we left, our every need was catered for by the excellent, friendly staff. Despite being slightly intimidated by the surroundings we were made to feel completely at ease.

The food was excellent apart from my better half complaining that her fish was too salty. On hearing this news, the chef came out and apologised personally. In the morning we had breakfast delivered to our room and it was fantastic.

Due to the fact we stayed over a bank holiday weekend, the price was inflated but in my opinion, it was worth every penny and I wouldn't think twice about staying there again.

A pool would make it out of this world!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Craig W
InverlochyCastle, Manager at Inverlochy Castle Hotel, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Thank you for your kind review. I am extremely proud of the dedicated staff here and although a mistake was made during your stay I am please you were able to discuss it with chef and it was rectified immediately. I also would like to extend a big congratulations to you and your fiancé. I hope you will stay at Inverlochy Castle again in the future as Mr. and Mrs.

Jane Watson
Hotel Manager
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 16, 2012

I went to Inverlochy Castle for my fathers wedding and it was out of this world.
This really is the Jewel of the Highlands!
A group of us stayed over and the rooms were just amazing. Me and my partner stayed in the Queens Suite which is beautiful. We had a lovely huge breakfast with such variety wheeled in the next morning and our curtains opened for us whilst we were in bed! Each room is decorated differently. The whole feel throughout is very grand and traditional.
Upon arrival the staff were lovely and very welcoming. As you go through to the great hall you are blown away by the decor and the outstanding ceiling fresco.
The wedding was held in the drawing room which is totally gorgeous and the staff were fantastic. We had a sit down meal in our own private room and the food was exceptional as it is Michelin star.
We hired the Lord Abinger Trophy room and played snooker till the early hours whilst admiring the impressive collection of elk and antelope hanging on the walls!
This is a wonderful place which gives you a grand royal feeling, it is perfect for feeling extra special and a lovely place for a wedding. The views are outstanding and the castle itself is discreet highland luxury!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank emilycwilkinson
Firstly I would like to say congratulations to your father and his bride. It was a pleasure to have you and your family here for such a special occasion and thank you so much for your kind review of your stay here. It is truly a special place and I am glad you all had such a memorable experience.
Kind regards,
#7 of 21 in Fort William
Glengarry Castle Hotel
Glengarry Castle Hotel
#1 of 2 in Invergarry

Been to Inverlochy Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!