“what a pathetic place on earth for food” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Indian Garden

Indian Garden
Ranked #56 of 65 Restaurants in Fort William
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: One of two Indian restaurants in Fort William. Infinitely better than Spice Tandori.
Manchester, United Kingdom
“what a pathetic place on earth for food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

I went to this restaurant with family. Once we enter the person who serving us told us you must order minimum £10 per adult. We felt bad and but we were hungry and told him its fine and the funny part is most of the menu items costs more than £10. Guy came to me and asked me if I would order some food and when I tried to inquired about the dishes he got offended and tried to insult me by saying I need to make my mind before coming inside... what the hell... how rude... I told him I am travelling from Manchester and just trying to ask you about dish size so i know we dont order less or more than what actually we need and he was so rude to me which I cant explain.... definately no manners... Their intention is clear. They want to humiliate us and make it as a big scene and want us to leave the restaurant.

Finally we decided to leave the restaurant before they ask us to leave the restaurant. They are all group of Bangladeshi people selling Bangladeshi food in the name of indian food to white skin people. They don't want to sell the food to any brown skin people. These brown skin Bangladeshi people thinks that only white skin people got money in their packet and they can only sell any spicy food as indian food to white skin people.

I am living here in UK for long time and earning good money and living decent life. I never had such a bad experience in my life in any restaurant in UK. I am writing this review once I enter into my house returning from our scotland holidays.

I am still angry and I know this review is not going to do anything. I am not racist and I treat every one as same human being and I am really apologise for my skin related words. I dont know how to express it. If you are brown skin people, please don't enter into this restaurant. If you are with family and kids, never even go to that street. If you are white skin people, please don't support this Bangladeshi racist selling Bangladeshi food as indian food. Thanks for reading.

I wish I could have read the others review before I enter into that restaurant. Anyhow we went to some other indian restaurant in same area and spent around £150. That's also Bangladeshi restaurant selling Bangladeshi food as indian food but they treated us with respect.

4 Thank Adnan A

“Good food and pleasant service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Had a very acceptable meal. Arrived quickly and hot. Service efficient, but not overly friendly. Price was what I'd expect to pay. Would recommend it for a decent and reasonably priced curry.

London, United Kingdom
“It's really quite goood!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

The service left a little to be desired - we literally had to go over to the bloke and ask for our order to be taken, otherwise we might still be there now.

The food however... was delicious! True, it's probably not very 'authentic'... but who cares when it's this tasty? The saag paneer was the best I've ever had, the dhansak (the dish by which I always judge a curry house) was great - tangy, sweet, lentilly, and above all hot. The chilli chicken was presented almost like a chinese dish, but was again tasty, well flavoured, and with good heat from the fresh green chillies, as one would expect from the name.

All in all, I'll forgive them the initially mediocre service, and I'd definitely eat here again.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bradford, United Kingdom
“poor customer service - bad behaviour - not at all indian”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

This is not authentic Indian Restaurant at all....I dont know why they call themselve indian when they dont know how to treat asian.... well they should know how to welcome visitors....they should know how to treat customers.... . These guys are making money in the name of India and doesn't have any respect towards Indians at all.

Staff was so weird....they didnt know how to speak and what to say.... even they cant speak indian language and to me looks like bengali people....keep chatting in their own language rather than using english infront of me which made me feel uncomfortable.....They asking as minimmum order £10 even if I dont want to eat for that much amount but I have to pay for it....why ??? Alot of customers who are seeing the notice were leaving the restaurant and these bloody stupid staff is passing comments on their back.

Real shame for indians as these people using India name and giving a bad service...I guess someone can get more clean toilets than their resturant....

If these guys have guts try changing the name to Bangladeshi garden and i bet none will ever want to give a glance at your restaurant.

worst place to chose for dinner

2 Thank Marry J
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
“One of the nicest Indian meals I have had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

We visited this restaurant whilst on holiday in Fort William. We could not fault any of the food. There was four of us and we all enjoyed our starters and main course, my chicken tikka masala was very tasty and plenty of chicken in it. The nan breads was lovely as well. Would recommend this Indians.

• 5 of 5 bubbles