“Not good”

Indian Garden
Ranked #58 of 68 Restaurants in Fort William
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: One of two Indian restaurants in Fort William. Infinitely better than Spice Tandori.
London, United Kingdom
“Not good”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

This place was deserted on a Friday night and I can see why. Even the poppodoms were tasteless. The food didn’t look nice and didn’t taste nice. I had the garlic chilli chicken and it was an odd mixture of sweet and spicy and was just overly hot for the sake of it (plenty of green chillis) with no taste to recommend. Also not cheap for a curry house. Very disappointing.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank beeza1

Sussex, England
“Discusting”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Was the worst curry my family have ever eaten! The food was watery like and the meal wasnt cooked properly! Litterally couldnt eat it as it tasted that bad!!

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Ctm17
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worst restaurant not friendly”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Food is costly n not worth of money..very poor service.food will not brcustomised as per customer requirement..never recommend..worst restaurant

1 Thank Ursdinesh
Pune, India
“Wish I had read the reviews earlier”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Something I try not to do - visiting a restaurant without reading reviews about it - and when I do I pay for it. Like I did here. We cannot always research on restaurants, at times we just enter a nice looking restaurant. But such places should be marked red with a danger sign for the traveller community.

I am not reviewing the food here, as I never ate here. Rather, the staff and owner never wanted us to eat.

5 of us, very hungry and tired after visiting the local attractions and travel, in search of an Indian restaurant on a busy weekend evening.

We enter 'Indian Garden' - looks good from outside. Inside it is cramped and dull.
The place was empty, which was surprising as the few other restaurants we tried to get in all had half an hour waiting.

We place the order and wait for 20 mins - already discussing what takes them so long. The waiter then comes and tells us very rudely that the order value does not come to 10£ per person and so they cannot process the order.

What the ..............???? Though a ridiculous rule, but I am still fine with this as they have written this outside on their menu (in small letters).

Why 20 mins to tell us this? Does this mean I cannot be here for a quick drink? Or any meal which is less than 10 £?

The restaurant was empty, they could have earned something through us. Our order might have well reached 10 £ per person. We always order less in first go, as we are not sure about the portion size and taste; then if need be we order more.

These guys are so rude and arrogant that you will be surprised. How can anyone be.
We started walking out and these guys were smiling. They were happy that we are walking out.

One of my friend wanted to smack them down, I wish I had not stopped him; though he still managed to exchange few very sweet words with them.

We later ate at a nearby Chinese joint, which served decent food.

Avoid this at all costs. Even if you have not eaten in last 2-3 days, still avoid.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Aditya D
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Fine Meal”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We were hungry from a day's worth of exertions. Service was timely and the place filled up fast. Our food was very good and we would return.

• Visited July 2012