“Well, I suppose it was indian food - after a fashion”
Review of Indian Garden

Indian Garden
Ranked #58 of 69 Restaurants in Fort William
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: One of two Indian restaurants in Fort William. Infinitely better than Spice Tandori.
Reviewed July 2, 2012

In search of 'an Indian restaurant' came across this place, which still had places, so we went in. Despite being empty, the waiters insisted on places the guest (including courting couples) so close together, that there was no privacy, nor any way of getting out from the tables, without upsetting the other guests food.
The manager upbraiding the staff for being nice to the customers (e.g. checking that the order was actually OK) didn't add to the athmosphere.

The food was non-descript to average, and the plates were whipped away before we had finished eating. Not a place I enjoyed..

Reviewed June 11, 2012 via mobile

I should have guessed when this place was half empty on a Saturday night when the mtb world was in town
Food was bland, service ok
The inside looks dated
All in all a very average meal

1  Thank northernlad12
Reviewed June 10, 2012

On arrival at our B&B, we asked about an Indian Restaurant, and were promptly recommended to Spice Tandoori, but on the way to find a parking spot, walked by this place, and it actually looked a bit more appealing from the outside. We walked in, and were immediately seated, but quickly realized the restaurant was extremely hot and stuffy, made worse by the cramped tables and glaring German tourists next to us. The place was full of backpackers and other tourists from around the globe, who probably didn't mind the off-hand service. Once served, that was pretty much it. The food was actually pretty decent -- Tandoori mixed grill and chicken biryani --- but without any air to breathe or space around to enjoy the meal, we couldn't wait to finish and leave. Find another spot, unless you like being herded like many tourists seem to accept. It could have been much better with a few little considerations of comfort. By the way, avoid Ft. William entirely at night -- it was creepy with lots of unsavory characters about. Some foul-mouthed kids actually threw a bottle at a couple walking ahead of us. I could not wait to get back to the safety of the B&B up the road.

Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

Not the best Indian restaurant I've been to. I felt my two course meal was quite bland.
Thought perhaps it was my imagination till I overheard the two guys at next table moaning about their meals too.
I did not complain just finished off and left.
Service was fair but I will not be back.

1  Thank hmbpaisley
Reviewed May 12, 2012

No problems at all with service so I'm surprised to see so much negativity here (some of which is bordering on racist). Food was regular reliable Anglo Indian, nice lamb tikka balti and the wife had a veggie jalfrezi. Cobra was in chilled bottles, not a problem.