“best curry house in fort william”
Review of Spice Tandoori

Spice Tandoori
Ranked #17 of 69 Restaurants in Fort William
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 12, 2013

great food..best curry ever...disliked the wait between orders..pretty slow...but the quality of curry its worth the wait.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Five of us ate here after a strenuous days effort going up Ben Nevis. The consensus was that we should eat Indian and have a few beers to celebrate and I took the local advice of my landlord who recommended the Spicy Tandoori.

We were not disappointed, everybody enjoyed the meal and I came back the following night with two other different friends when we couldn't get in the Crannog without a reservation. They too really enjoyed the food and commented on how good it was.

I have eaten in many Indian restaurants and thought the Spicy Tandoori was very good. Admittedly a restaurant offering is about both the food and the service and whilst the service, particularly the reception and their confused attitude, is not up to the same standard as the food, once seated the table service was acceptable.

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

We visited this place at 13. 20 sat afternoon with a view to having lunch.
A very rude man looked at a clock and told us "closed at 2pm" .
We too wanted a quick meal, but I will not be spoken to like that. Its a big pitty he took that attitude because firstly I'm a local resident and secondly I'm also involved in hospitality in the area and he is no advert for a town which depends on tourists for a lot of business to survive.
Perhaps the owner or manager should consider putting this gentlemen on a course at our University of the Highlands sub section in Fort William on an intensive customer relations course.
Cant comment on food , as we did not get an offer of a menu.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

guy at reception need to learn how to speak good english and also need some good customer service lessns - twice we visited and he looked in rush all the time - even he didnt know who he was serving at one time - food was just ok - 50/50 marks for this place

Reviewed September 22, 2013

they need good staff at reception who should always welcome customers, they got a little man who is running here n there and not even can speak good english.... his english was really poor and he hardly understand what I was asking.... when I tried to pay at the same time he asked for payment from another customer and when we both tried to give him money he took money from hand and other lady looked at his face ...he didnt even said sorry to the lady and totally ignored what he did..... food is not at all indian but yeah they tried to make it a bit of indian style....