“Never disappointed”

The Lochy
Ranked #11 of 69 Restaurants in Fort William
Cuisines: Scottish
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Lochy Bar and Restaurant is extremely popular with locals and visitors. We are located on the edge of Caol village and near Banavie, by the Caledonian Canal - perfect for visiting yachts and visitors staying in the area. Our family restaurant offers good value, wholesome food with a tasty menu to suit most tastes. We have easy parking and an outside area with picnic tables when the weather is good. If you are looking for a nice evening with some good, traditional food, come on in and give us a try ! Our staff are great and guarantee a welcome smile and good customer service. We are now stocking cask ales during the summer months.
Reviewed May 17, 2014

Had a great Hen night in the Lochy last night. As always the food was good pub standard and the service was great.. A special mention for Helen who always makes us feel welcome with her friendly banter.

1  Thank ellen165

Reviewed April 11, 2014

I ate lunch with two colleagues at The Lochy on 17 March 2014. This place is one of the best I have visited. I started with a mixed drink of orange squash and fizzy lemonade. I had the butterfly chicken with bacon, cheese, a small salad, chips, and onion rings. This dish was exquisite. The service was superb like it says on the sign outside.
For afters, I had the chocolate lumpy bumpy. This is a chocolate pie with bits of chocolate and whipped cream.
They also have great meals for £5.00
The location is also good.
I would advise everyone to eat here. I would visit again if I could.
Yours truly,
Cate

Reviewed April 1, 2014

We had to book our table for 7.30 as apparently this was the only time they could do because it was booked up that evening. That was fine. When we arrived, it was busy, but there were empty tables. My husband had to wait whilst a barmaid finished her text message before she would serve him even though she had spotted him waiting. Another waitress confessed she didn't know what gluten free food was but checked with the kitchen who said that our gluten intolerant friend could have chips..... Finally, another waitress started to clear the plates while I was still eating. When I told her I was still eating she said she didn't mind and carried on clearing. I protested that it was rude but she said that the kitchen staff were going off duty and they wanted to wash up. There were other people still eating at another table, so I wonder if they were made to rush their dinner too. Perhaps this place shouldn't take bookings for as late at 7.30 if their kitchen staff go home before the customers can finish. The food was good and good value so I would recommend this place for that. I have only given it three stars because of the staff. They lacked training.

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Visited my friend and made a special request to visit this fabulous pub for a meal again. We both had dishes from the not so early bird menu (I had macaroni cheese this time and loved that it came with chips) which were both delicious and huge. Wine reasonable, staff friendly, pub interior nice (apart from some harsh lighting), service quick (despite them warning us it could take a while). I will definitely be back again!

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Good service and always consistently good food. I have been going here for many years and they never disappoint.