“Decent pub grub”

The Crofter
Ranked #5 of 67 Restaurants in Fort William
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub, Scottish
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ayrshire, UK
“Decent pub grub”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We had a decent pub meal but it had been very busy and they had few desserts left at 730pm! The service was good despite the arrival of a large group

Visited August 2013

• Polish first
Surgeres, France
“If the coffee is anything to go by.....”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We had a stop at the Crofter because they were advertising that they served Lavazza coffee which is always good. What they served was nothing like any Lavazza I have drunk before, it was terrible and went well with the rap music they were playing. When I complained they were disinterested and just showed me a Lavazza pack that had been used. So if they were using the genuine thing they certainly need some training in using an Expresso machine. There is a better pub up the road (which I found afterwards) which though part of a chain has coffee at a lower price and is always good.

• Visited September 2013
Oslo, Norway
“Good food and good service”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I had my dinner here two days in a row, and I regret I didn´t come here the third day also(then I went to the Great Glen, which was not that great).

Both days I got good service and good food. The staff is serviceminded and attentive as mentioned earlier from another guest.

I also see someone have mention the pool table being a littlebit to close to the eating area and I do agree. When I sat down nobody were playing, so I didn´t think about it, but as soon as somebody started playing it was kind of disturbing me in enjoying the food, I was waiting for the balls to come flying. This happened both days, : ), you can say I didn´t learn from the experience the first day, which comes back to as long as nobody are playing you don´t think about when choosing a seat.

• Visited August 2013
Liverpool, England
“Friendly staff”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We ate here at both lunch time and evening. The food was variable, going from lovely and tasty to over cooked and luke warm when served. The staff are extremely friendly and did their best to find us a table when they were very busy.

Visited August 2013
York
“Good Breakfast and Very Friendly Staff”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We ate breakfast here after finishing the WHW. A warm welcome was given to us by a member of the barstaff (he may even have been the owner/manager). He asked us to grab a table and he would get someone over to take our order. Our order was taken swiftly and our full Scotish breakfast, tea and coffee was with us in no time. Everything tasted good and was reasonably priced.
We also collected our WHW finishing certificates here (you can get them from a number of places in Fort William).

I would highly recommend The Crofter