“Great Value For Money!”

Ranked #20 of 69 Restaurants in Fort William
Cuisines: Scottish
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cobbs at Nevisport is an all-day ‘Family Friendly’ Bistro Bar and Café and popular meeting place for locals and visitors alike.Located next to the historic site of the ‘Old Fort’, our Bistro Bar combines style with the atmosphere of a friendly local pub.We have a wide choice of beers, including a regularly changing range of real ales from various Highland breweries and a large selection of whiskies, while our menu of simply cooked high quality food is created using locally sourced ingredients where possible.Our Café is a relaxed place to enjoy a range of meals and light bites, along with an unrivalled selection of delicious award winning cakes from our own bake-house. Whether you visit for drinks, a cake, or chat with friends over a coffee, our friendly staff guarantee you a warm welcome and a taste of traditional ‘Highland’ hospitality.
Reviewed September 1, 2012

We stopped here for a quick lunch before spending the afternoon on the Jacobite Steam Train. I had the Soup & Sandwich combo which was under £5! I ate the soup (which was a very tasty Leek and Potato) in the restaurant and I asked whether they could wrap the sandwich so I could take it on the train. They were more than happy to do this. Remarkably good value for money and a very convenient location!

2  Thank HikingPhotographer

Reviewed August 8, 2012

Long wait for cakes and drinks due to overworked staff when served the staff were helpful. Overall, not worth the wait and doing well only due to the limited options in the area.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

We had 2 meals here during our visit to Fort William. Both were very good and very reasonably priced. Bar staff were polite and friendly

2  Thank frog3906
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I ordered a panini and was just getting ready to eat it when I noticed what looked like a hair; on closer inspection I realised to my absolute horror that it was in actual fact a piece of metal; I immediately informed a member of staff who took my food away for what I presume to be an examination . The manageress then returned my (same) plate of food and informed me that the offending article was in actual fact a piece of the wire brush that was used to clean the machine the panini had been cooked on. I never even got offered first and foremost an apology or a refund. What really scared me was the thought that it could have been a small child given this food with metal in it and I dread to think what the consequences might have been.

3  Thank Alex R
Cobbs N, Manager at Cobbs at Nevisport, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you for your review. We are extremely sorry about you incident and we naively thought you were happy with our response, had we realised you were looking for a refund we would of certainly provided that for you. We really hope that you pop in again and we will correct the situation for you.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Good value food great for hunger walkers/climbers/skiers. Selection of local (scottish) real ales. Real fire. Not at all pretentious.

2  Thank robwks7