“No ghost!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fort William
Ardblair Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #29 of 111 Fort William B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed in the blue room which is beautiful. There is a tea making facility with toffees and packaged oatmeal biscuits but no bottled water in the room and we weren't offered tea when we arrived at 6 but they provided fresh milk when asked. The house is a lot larger than we expected but they don't provide a reception room to relax in. We were told the internet in the blue room may be slow or spotty but we didn't have a problem with it. The Dutch couple than own it are lovely, friendly folk with helpful advice on what to see and where to eat in the area. You do fill in a breakfast sheet the night before and there's no place to enter the number of eggs you might want - you get one. Rene was very helpful with our luggage and came out to show us where to park.

Room Tip: The blue room was fine for us. Didn't see the other rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank greenladybourne

Reviewed September 2, 2013

It was far the best B&B we visited in our road trip through Scotland. Amazing location the surrounding was perfect and the view to the loch incredible. The hosts was very welcoming, friendly, funny and we felt like our home. Our Golden room was large, decorated so nice with nice details (I love the bed sheet with the birds) and the view from our room was lovely and relaxed. The bathroom was very clean spacious,with a bath tub. The breakfast was fresh cooked, hot and delicious. I like the fact that both Rene and Conny spend a lot of time talking with us and make some very good recommendations. Car parking was available, and the location is perfect, only 2 minute from the main street, shops and restaurants. This B&B is the reason we want to visit again Scotland. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

Room Tip: Stay at Golden Room, you will feel like Kings!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We had the whole house to ourselves and loved every minute of it. The only problem was that we were looking for an address when we got into town and it took three phone calls to Remy to find the house. It's a good thing I didn't know about the ghost until the morning we left because I don't like that sort of thing. We loved Fort William and our stay at this Great B &B.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Nice place within a short walk uphill from the High Street in Fort William. Friendly Dutch hosts (and you have a chance to try Dutch version of porridge!). Pretty garden outside with a view to the lake. The house is Victorian, beautiful and cosy rooms.

Room Tip: Wi-fi can be a problem in the Blue Room (due to the ghost story, we were told!:), but is accessible...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My partner and I booked a 2 night stay and were made very welcome by the hosts. Those arriving by sat nav may wish to note that the postcode for the B&B takes you to the rear of the property instead of the front where the parking is available. From the car park to the front door there are a large number of steps up the hillside but Rene was more than happy to help us in with our luggage. We stayed in the golden room which has lovely views over the lochs with the exception of a large pine tree which obscured a bit of the view but as this looked well established it had probably been there much longer than the B&B. The room was a good size with an extremely large ensuite retaining a number of original features and was very clean and tidy. The B&B is located in a quiet area of Fort William within easy walking distance of the town centre and train station with Rene pointing out an easy and quick route down to the town centre. The breakfast was more than adequate with a great choice of cereal, fruit, rolls, croissants and full english breakfast. I would recommend this B&B to anybody and it is a great place to stay with great hosts!

Room Tip: If you get the chance pick the Golden Room,
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We were welcomed at the door by Conny & René, our room was beautiful (we had the Golden Suite). Ardblair is a stones throw from town, it took us 5 mins to walk to the Crannog Seafood Restaurant. Breakfast at Ardblair was lovely and they worked around our plans which was lovely and contributed to a very chilled out weekend! René was so kind in telling us about the history of Fort William and suggested things to see and do! A wonderful couple! I would recommend staying here to anyone. Many thanks Conny & René :)

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed April 21, 2013

When I arrived at this B&B I was wringing wet, having been tramping around in the pouring rain for over 30 minutes thing to find it. It may be only 5 minutes from the station, however the lack of street signage at the start of the walk to the B&B made things difficult from the outset.

Once located, Fassifern Road proved to be largely unsafe for a pedestrian dragging a suitcase - the footpath is either too narrow or non-existent. On the basis of the bad weather, and unsafe pedestrian access, I eventually gave up, returned to the railway station and got a taxi.

The house is located at the top of a flight of garden stairs (no handrail).

I was greeted warmly by my hosts, and got help with my luggage. I was, however,none too happy about being questioned about what time I wanted breakfast the following morning, while I'm standing on the carpet, still in my wet clothes and the water dripping off them. My host could see me rummaging around to find my travel documents (to check bus schedule for following day) but didn't offer to give me time to get settled first before giving him this information.

Breakfast is pre-ordered the night before - how on earth are you supposed to know what you'll feel like eating for breakfast 12 hours in advance? I agree with previous comments that this system must be for the benefit of the proprietors rather than their guests.

Having said that, my breakfast (porridge) was well-prepared and tasty.

As I require a walk-in shower I was accommodated in the Pink Room. The water from the shower was wonderfully hot and the water pressure very good. The bathroom is very spacious; the bedroom has enough floor space for one person - two people, plus luggage, would struggle in that room.

The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable.

On the day I left, I needed an early breakfast (0630) which wasn't a problem for my hosts and I was driven to the railway station to ensure I arrived in time for my train.

I'd consider staying again.

Room Tip: If you are considering walking from the railway station with your luggage - don't. Get a taxi i...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo